*Dominique Reyes Vs Chris Weidman: Who gets the win?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Chris Weidman seems like the most Well-rounder fighter: wrestling, BJJ and striking is really good. But he's clearly on his downfall, and fighting a bigger, younger opponent. What are his chances for an upset? Reyes wasn't impressive on his last fight, but he has the size and power ad anvantage.

Thoughts?

The Chris by arm triangle

I see Reyes blitzing and destroying The Chris quickly. I agree that he didn’t look impressive in his last outing, but I think the power and size difference will be very apparent in their clash.

It's hard to say considering it's Chris' first fight at 205. I'd like to see Chris win because the reaction of fans will be funnier.

<Fedor23>

My head says Reyes.
My heart says Weidman.
I hope my heart is right.

Reyes by murder, the chris and his fans will still claim he's not done yet and

<StillMyBoy>

I actually think the Chris wrassles him for a late stoppage. I think Reyes will look good in the first 2 rounds but I think the Chris weathers the early storm and takes over as Reyes gets tired

Reyes has never fought a wrestler so The Chris might upset him
but he used to train with Curtis Blaydes for a bit, so you gotta believe his TDD is at least serviceable for LHW standards, you can't work with Blaydes and not improve at all in that department

hard fight to pick, going with Reyes by late finish

Weidman will look great at LHW, he wins this and people will see that LHW is his true weight class and he should’ve been here long ago.

His biggest weaknesses are his cardio, which will improve since he isn’t cutting massive amounts of weight, and his speed which will not be as apparent since he is fighting bigger and slower opponents now than at MW.

His boxing is good, his grappling is great, I expect him to be competitive on the feet and eventually ( sometime in the 2nd or 3rd round ) get a takedown and submit Reyes.

Win or lose, he is still my boy DAMN IT!

I'd be shocked if Weidman won but then I would probably laugh.

I think Reyes is overrated, so it's a toss up imo. Chris can do better than OSP did, the only question is how is his durability gonna translate to LHW.

I see Reyes blitzing and destroying The Chris quickly. I agree that he didn’t look impressive in his last outing, but I think the power and size difference will be very apparent in their clash.
Me too, I've been watching Reyes since his Legacy days, the guy can be a future champ imo. I thing his last outing was a one off bad fight from Reyes, Chris will be lucky to make it out of the first.

Hope Reyes starches Weidman, I thoroughly enjoy watching Weidman get ko'd, not as much as Vick or Rockhold mind you but it's still great. Weidman might be a live dog in this fight though if Reyes doesn't improve from his last outing, he should have lost that fight to Volkan I imo.

The only reliable eay for Weidman to win is by using wrestling, as Reyes is easily one of the best, if not the besf striker besides Jon Jones at light heavyweight. (as long as Gus stays retired.)
If Reyes' takedown defense is as good as it's looked so far, Reyes will probably light Chris up and possibly finish him.

I think Reyes is overrated, so it's a toss up imo. Chris can do better than OSP did, the only question is how is his durability gonna translate to LHW.
It's about style matchups, this fight favors Reyes way more Imo then his previous fights, Chris ain't holding him down.

Back