List fighters Khabib needs to beat to be the undisputed goat

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
In before jon jones.
be realistic, fighters within 155/170

So the question is...
what is the MINIMUM that Khabib needs to do for him to be the goat in your eyes.
For me the minimum he has to do is:
1) Tony
2) GSP
3) Gaethje
would put him just above everyone else for me...

but to put him really ahead of everyone would be if he also won the 170lb belt against Usman.

Beating an OLD GSP isn’t an a GOAT level accolade especially at a weight class he’s never fought before

He still has a long way to go

Beating an OLD GSP isn’t an a GOAT level accolade especially at a weight class he’s never fought before

He still has a long way to go

ok great *chael voice*
who does he have to beat?

Needs to move up and do something impressive at a higher weight class to be in the GOAT discussion.

get the WW belt and keep it for a while is a good start

I doubt he will be able to do it

edited: it's not like he is a really active fighter, so if he wants to become the greatest, he will have to do more spectacular things

if he starts fighting 2/3 times a year, then it's easier to get in goat talks by dominating many fights as the champ

ok great *chael voice*
who does he have to beat?

Beat Justin/Tony and a few other contenders. To be a GOAT contender you need at least 6-7 title defences minimum. I’d cut him so slack and say 4-5 is enough if he goes up to 170 and beats Usman too

Landscape changes so quick, hard to say who's gonna be relevant in a year or so, but, right now, it's Tony and Gaethje. And whoever the WW champ will be after UFC 245.

I think Khabib is good enough to be GOAT but he won't fight that much before he retires. GSP. Jones, Aldo, and Silva all have long long streaks defending their Titles. Jones is still fighting and is only like 31 or 32 as well.

Tony, Gaethje and current WW champ. GSP after all that would be over 40 and a feather in the camp but not adding that much to his legacy especially if its a LW bout imo. I could see Khabib beating Colby but perhaps not Usman.

Besides tony and gaethje there is no other top guys in lw that pose any threat. A win over gsp regardless of age is huge for his record

Make 8-10ish title defences. Unrealistic, but so is calling him goat. GSP, Silva, Jones, and Fedor at the very least are ahead of him.

Being more active would be a great start.

To be LW GOAT:
Tony

To be GOAT:
Its too late
He doesn't have the title reign or names on his resume and he's not gonna have that

He beats Tony and he’s LW GOAT.

he beats GSP after that and he enters all time GOAT discussion.

His last fight he crushed a can (Conor) But is say he goes to 170 AFTER some title defences and see where it goes from there.

In before jon jones.
be realistic, fighters within 155/170

So the question is...
what is the MINIMUM that Khabib needs to do for him to be the goat in your eyes.
For me the minimum he has to do is:
1) Tony
2) GSP
3) Gaethje
would put him just above everyone else for me...

but to put him really ahead of everyone would be if he also won the 170lb belt against Usman.

people need to let gsp go he not coming back cause he knows khabib beats him and ruins his legecy.,

there a reason he retired on ariel show than used the media to play the victim card when relly ducking khabib.

Back