Doesn’t Demian Maia light up Askren on the feet?

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ben won’t want to go to the ground. It will be a striking match and Maia was beating up Colby on the feet and landing shots on other guys as well.

Maia’s standup is not that terrible anymore. It’s much better than Bens.

ben doesn’t want to scramble around on the ground with Maia. He gets subbed.

maia will light him up to a 3 round decision. Shields will get cut after

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to take Maia down? I can’t see Ben having too much trouble controlling Maia from the top if he can land td’s

Yes. Maia has underrated straight punches now. I think he's gonna K1-Maia to beat Askren.

It's possible. I do hope they grapple though.

What is up with the "Maia was lighting Colby up on the feet" BS. Yes, Maia hit him, but Colby won that fight very decisively and was the better fighter in every regard. The judges saw it the same way.

I guess you think it's clever to mix up Ben and Jake. Maybe you forgot that Jake Shields beat Maia and did much of it on the ground?

What is up with the "Maia was lighting Colby up on the feet" BS. Yes, Maia hit him, but Colby won that fight very decisively and was the better fighter in every regard. The judges saw it the same way.
whats weird is the judges scoring the 1st for colby. i do agree outside of that maia was toast

Has anyone tried to take Maia down? I can’t see Ben having too much trouble controlling Maia from the top if he can land td’s

Ben has been reversed by far less grapplers than Maia

Demian Maia's one and only true TKO (two others are injuries of the opponents).
His first fight.

If he KO's Askren, he can retire.
Wish him to win by other means too, he's a legend.

I guess you think it's clever to mix up Ben and Jake. Maybe you forgot that Jake Shields beat Maia and did much of it on the ground?

Shields won a controversial split decision. They were 2-2 going into the 5th round, then shields won round 5 by throwing slightly more on the feet. Maia landed more takedowns and had the more dangerous positions in the grappling. Shields had a nice reversal and some control time where he did nothing in Maia's guard.

Last edited:
obviously askren does want to be on the ground with maia, on top.

that's the only thing he's good at lmao.

Askren doesnt seem like he will be afraid to grapple maia. Hes confident in his abilities.

Jake Shields took him down, did not get swept, and won.

Shields is a tremendous grappler, though.
Jake Shields also has really good BJJ. There isn't alot of similarities in the way Askren and Shields fight.

This fight has the potential to be hilarious if Maia takes Ben down and subs him easily lol
Like he did to Uncle Chael.
demianmaiatriptakedownchaelsonnenuf.gif
11gm146.gif

Last edited:
Maia has a good jab and low kick now.. I’d love for him to piece him up!

Back