The Top 25 MMA Fighters Under the Age of 25

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
oDIk3jhY

The UFC itself turns 26 in November and the caliber of athlete emerging onto the MMA scene is only getting better.

Over the past several months, ESPN's panel of insiders has developed a list of the top 25 fighters in the world under 25. Organizations like the UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship and PFL are all represented. The results of that research -- and a compilation of some of the most promising prospects on the planet -- are below. These are the fighters we believe are the best at this moment, without taking into account the potential success of their future endeavors.

1. A.J. McKee (15-0)
2. Sean O'Malley (10-0)
3. Edmen Shahbazyan (10-0)
4. Nasrat Haqparast (11-2)
5. Aspen Ladd (8-1)
6. Maycee Barber (7-0)
7. Jimmy Crute (10-1)
8. Song Yadong (14-3, 2 NC)
9. James Gallagher (10-1)
10. Ricardo Ramos (13-2)
11. Michal Oleksiejczuk (14-3, 1 NC)
12. Gillian Robertson (7-3)
13. Aaron Pico (4-3)
14. Angela Lee (10-2)
15. Ismail Naurdiev (19-3)
16. Jack Shore (12-0)
17. Montana De La Rosa (10-5)
18. Pedro Carvalho (11-3)
19. Umar Nurmagomedov (10-0)
20. Thiago Moises (12-4)
21. Jalin Turner (8-5)
22. Christian Lee (13-3)
23. Sabina Mazo (7-1)
24. Sage Northcutt (11-3)
25. Arman Tsarukyan (14-2)

You can read a breakdown as to why each fighter was chosen, as well as who their next opponent will be here:

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/27807201/the-top-25-mma-fighters-25

Last edited:
Erick Silva

lol arman should be far higher ( seriously sage northcutt is better ranked ? wtf ??)

I like Jimmy Crute.

What's the general sense on Sean O'Malley's ceiling? Also, when does he come back? Seems like he's been suspended so long he'll be too old for this list upon return.

I have serious concerns that men and women are being evaluated on the same list here.

Why are there so many women’s fighters? Wtf and McKee is probably the best prospect in mma right now so justifiably so.

They got the n.1 right at least. I kinda feel Sage is a lost cause but it's understandable to put him there if he ever comes back from that Cosmo KO.

Wow Pedro Carvalho is under 25? I learned a lot from his BJJ tapes that came out in like 1996... I guess he was only 2 years old at the time? Incredible.

Erick Silva

I read the thread title and came in to say this. I knew it may already be mentioned, I couldn't even make it passed the first reply.

Wow Pedro Carvalho is under 25? I learned a lot from his BJJ tapes that came out in like 1996... I guess he was only 2 years old at the time? Incredible.
I would assume that there are a dozen fighters named Pedro Carvalho.

2. Sean O'Malley (10-0) - drug ban, hasn't fought for 18 months.
Not a great list if he's at 2.

They got the n.1 right at least. I kinda feel Sage is a lost cause but it's understandable to put him there if he ever comes back from that Cosmo KO.

Sage is clearly not one of the best prospects in mma but it's whatever

Except this guy
Lol when an unathletic bum like Aspen Ladd is on the same list as a monster like AJ Mckee then you know we have serious problems. Even you can’t deny this is horseshit. Ladd is some chick off the street who decided to fight and UFC is hyping her. Mckee is a 2nd generation 15-0 fighter who has shown tremendous tools in every aspect of the game and is still only 24. There’s levels to this. Asspen Ladd is a joke when placed on this list. Stop lying to yourself.

Angela Lee should be higher than pico wtf.

I honestly don't think he will ever reach her popularity and career heights.

She's already beat the champ from the weight class above her and retained her belt.

Back