How much does beating Maia help Askren?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
After becoming a meme of the sport for losing in 4 seconds to Jorge Masvidal the man is clearly needing a win to get back on track.

Shall he beat Demian, do you think this gets him respected again in the WW division?
For me, if he beats Maia in dominant fashion, then he is ready for title talks again. If not, then maybe a fight vs Ponz if the mothefucker actually wants to fight. Ben would have to work for the takedown in that one, could easily get lit up.

I think Ben is a long way from a title shot. If he wins people will say Maia is out of his prime. His striking is still garbage. He’s gonna need like 1 or 2 good wins after Maia before title talks.

I think he'll beat Maia and then I can see him fighting Leon Edwards, Ben would be a big name for Leon to fight still and I can see the Nate/Jorge winner getting the next title shot.

This is just a resettling fight for Askren.

He wins this one, and he's probably two meaningful wins before a title shot even becomes a possibility.

Realistically, he isn't getting a title shot if he loses again. He's used up his mulligan, if you will.

Ben is always very close to title at todays WW division and beating Maia always means huge,with one rookie move/mistake he wont leave you till you tap or sleep

It won't get him back to where he was but getting back in the win column is the most important thing, especially if he can make it look dominant.

If he wins people will say Maia is out of his prime.
...what planet are you from? People are saying Maia is out of his prime since years...
However Asscream beats Maia or not, Maia is long out of hes Prime.

His problem is that for most people, he’s just the guy that got KO’d by Lawler and won a “fluke” sub and then got killed by Jorge.

Basically 0-2, so no a win over Maia won’t get him back in title contention. But without a win he might as well retire so it is a huge fight for him.

Meh I wouldn't consider him top ten, Maia is fuckin ancient and should still be the favorite. Askren won't survive against top fighters unless it's someone like Maia in his 40's with a none striking base.

Not much. If Maia wins hes done. If he wins, everybody will say that he was supposed to win anyway against a bjj guy and that Maia is way out of prime.
To really get somewhat back into contention he needs to decisively finish Maia, and we know thats not going to happen...

Long hard road back to the top for Askren. This will be a alright grappling showdown but that is about it. He needs to Rematch Robbie Lawyer and Masdival to prove to the world he is ready for that shot at gold in my opinion. He needs to prove to half the fans the Robbie win was not Fluke and he needs to prove the the other half that the Masdival loss was not either.

3 fights to get to the gold. Some will argue he is a old dog and does not have the time. But Robbie, Masdival and Maia are all old dogs to so it evens out.

Long hard road back to the top for Askren. This will be a alright grappling showdown but that is about it. He needs to Rematch Robbie Lawyer and Masdival to prove to the world he is ready for that shot at gold in my opinion. He needs to prove to half the fans the Robbie win was not Fluke and he needs to prove the the other half that the Masdival loss was not either.

3 fights to get to the gold. Some will argue he is a old dog and does not have the time. But Robbie, Masdival and Maia are all old dogs to so it evens out.
Masvidal would never take that fight. He knows there is a very high chance he is on his ass for 3 rounds if it happens again. Askren would do anything to get that one back I'd imagine.

Ben's done. Lets all enjoy the violence...

tenor.gif

Maia then masvidal then he’s back on top spot in the eyes of the fans eh

Not much since he's losing to Usman, Edwards and Colby maybe even RDA too

Still don't understand why he done that. Feel it out for atleast 10 seconds. Jesus Christ. Was acting like Ngannou was across from him.

Just enjoy, brah....just, enjoy.

tenor.gif

It's a decent win and gets him some momentum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back