Why wasnt Chael P a superstar like Conor?

treestump

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Chael had more charisma and was a hell of a lot funnier than the foul mouthed manlet

So why wasn't he a superstar like Conor?

UFC marketing hype machine ignoring him and pushing Conor to the hills?

Couldn’t finish a happy meal

He lost the key fights. He was probably as hyped and well promoted as any non-champion ever will be.

Also he failed about ten ped-tests and became the face of trt era.

Boring fighting style, american (does not really support there own ahtletes like smaller countries), nasaly voice

Chael was a boring lay n pray wrestler who never won a title

Conrad came in electrifying the crowds with highlight reel KO's, and shot to the top of two divisions becoming a double champ

Conor is also a bit better trash talker and a much better showman

He lost a lot. If Conor got his ass kicked by Max and Mendes he would have never blown up

Boring style. He was basically a smarter version of Colby. Colby is the better fighter, but Chael was the WAY better talker/promoter.

Also a lot of white americans think they are Irish and that that is an important distinction from other whites for some reason

Chael had more charisma and was a hell of a lot funnier than the foul mouthed manlet

So why wasn't he a superstar like Conor?

UFC marketing hype machine ignoring him and pushing Conor to the hills?

They learned from all the mistakes they made with chael

Never won a belt in thirteen seconds

Good timing!

I was just watching GIFs of Fedor throw Chael around the cage.
Shit was fun.

there's no way Chael is more charismatic than Conor. you could tell Chael's personality was a gimmick, while McGregor's personality was/is real. i feel like Askren is more like Chael than Conor.

A combination of a lot of different reasons, but the biggest being that Conor had a country behind him.

Plus, like others have said, he lost the big fights. While Chael flopped under the brightest of lights, Conor thrived under them.

In retrospect I think a lot us didn't appreciate Chael to the extent we should have when he was around. The way he promoted his fights was gold - yeah he stirred some shit up but it was always with a wink and smile. Conor just shouts obnoxious shit and Colby regurgitates stuff you hear on the playground in kindergarten.

He would be if he would beat Silva and Jones.
Imagine double champ Chael!

Have a look at Chael's record and fights and compare them to Co or.

Conor had that aura of invincibility that very few fighters ever carriered, certainly not 8n comparison to Chael. Putting up a good game plan before getting subbed was Chael's highlight.

Conor KOd everyone at 145 within two rounds right up until Aldo, then had the Nate resurgance , then easily KOd Eddie for the LW strap.

Chael was premeditated with his schtick and was a boring fighter for the most part.

It's not hard to see why Conor sold his gibberish and Chael kind of invested in it.

As much as I dislike the Irish Manlet, he was quite original at the beginning and his fighting style was fan friendly

He portrayed this image as an unstoppable fighting Irish man and most of us (me included) bought into it!

Basically he had a good gimmick that adults would soon grow tired of

However, teen boys and basement dwelling 20 somethings are still fans

Back