If Dana had his way...

Egészségére!

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
If Dana had his way who would be the mens champs?

Fly: I'm thinking he'd stick with Cejudo. He weirds Dana out but has more of a personality and following than most of the rest of the division combined.

BW: Toss up. Possibly Yan for his exciting style or Song for the Chinese market. Probably wouldn't mind to see Faber make a run for the story line.

FW: I think he's cool with Max. He's exciting and dependable.

LW: Conor McGregor

WW: He doesn't like Usman, Colby or Tyron. Edwards, Maia and WB all have their flaws. As crazy as it sounds I think he might like to see Askren take it. He has a huge following, does tons of self promotion and is dependable - 3 good qualities as far as Dana is concerned.

MW: Toss-up between Costa and Adesanya. Both are exciting and highly marketable.

LHW: Probably stick with Jones

HW: He doesn't like Stipe and DC is retiring. Ngannou for sure.

recap:
1.Cejudo
2. Yan, Song or Faber
3. Max
4. McGregor
5. Askren
6. Costa or Adesanya
7. Jones
8. Ngannou

I agree mostly with your list. I think Dana values 2 things the most with his champions and that's:

1. Being active fighting a minimum of twice per year

2. Able to pull big numbers in terms of drawing power

If Dana had his pick he would have pulled way hotter ass than rousey

There'd be no WMMA and men's 125 & 135.

Korean Zombie would be champ at FW, Conor at LW, Lawler at WW, Israel at MW, Jones at LHW and Jones at HW.

if Dana had his way GSP would still be fighting at WW.

If yu think yu have any insight of what Dana would want you are a fool

If Dana had it his way, he would have his way with Joe Rogan
<{danayeah}>

Jones is boring and he would want new blood there. Walker for sure because he is freaking hilarious.

He wishes GSP was still fighting
Jones could quit fucking up
Conor still be undefeated in the UFC
Ronda didn't get her head knocked off twice and still had that aura
Brock was ruling the heavyweight division13599085.jpg <TheDonald>

Nate or Mas at WW. I'm sure he would have loved to have seen cowboy with a strap at either LW or WW, as well.

I'd say right on the money for all but #5. He wanted Till to be the ww champ for the EU market.
And you forgot the women, PVZ as double champ, maybe Holly for the heavier 2 belts.

If Dana had his way who would be the mens champs?

Fly: I'm thinking he'd stick with Cejudo. He weirds Dana out but has more of a personality and following than most of the rest of the division combined.

BW: Toss up. Possibly Yan for his exciting style or Song for the Chinese market. Probably wouldn't mind to see Faber make a run for the story line.

FW: I think he's cool with Max. He's exciting and dependable.

LW: Conor McGregor

WW: He doesn't like Usman, Colby or Tyron. Edwards, Maia and WB all have their flaws. As crazy as it sounds I think he might like to see Askren take it. He has a huge following, does tons of self promotion and is dependable - 3 good qualities as far as Dana is concerned.

MW: Toss-up between Costa and Adesanya. Both are exciting and highly marketable.

LHW: Probably stick with Jones

HW: He doesn't like Stipe and DC is retiring. Ngannou for sure.

recap:
1.Cejudo
2. Yan, Song or Faber
3. Max
4. McGregor
5. Askren
6. Costa or Adesanya
7. Jones
8. Ngannou
Dana hated Askren but when Askren came over here Uncle Dana realized how popular Ben's shtick is. When Ben beat Lawler (with Herb's help) Dana wanted Askren to be champ (Dana doesn't like Usman and hates Colby). Masvidal beating Askren ruins the WW division for Dana. The top fighters have to fight to clear the division up but Usman, Colby and Woodley don't seem to want to fight. Dana seems like he's waiting for a champion that he likes. He's missing the days of GSP, that's for sure.

Back