Anthony Pettis Gave up in 3-4 fights

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guy is not willing to take a beating for our entertainment.

1. Dustin Poirier got him in a body triangle and he tapped.

2. Max Holloway was hitting him and the turtled up and sat down in defence so the ref would stop it.

3. Tony Ferguson fight he didn’t come out for round 3 and let his boys protect him.

4. Nate Diaz fight he stopped fighting after getting raped on the ground.

What’s with this guy? Valuing his safety and longevity over us?

Agreed, he got broken in those fights.

Agreed. He projects being a "warrior" but absolutely can't handle much adversity.

That's the reason he's getting called out by all these guys. His name is still worth a lot for some odd reason.

Current Pettis loses more than he wins vs anyone in the top 10-15 of LW

I agree, but I have to give him credit, at one point in the Diaz fight he seemed done, ref was a second from stopping it and Pettis knew it but he didn't actually give up.

2. Max Holloway was hitting him and the turtled up and sat down in defence so the ref would stop it.

3. Tony Ferguson fight he didn’t come out for round 3 and let his boys protect him.

stfu he is a Just Bleed Disciple either way his fights end sacrifices are made.

Let's not forget he had a shot at Khabib at didn't want the smoke.

95% of fighters in the UFC quit under the beating he took from RDA and he didn't

Holloway he gassed (weight cut), two of those fights he got injured and the Diaz fight he fought out of an RNC and made it to a decision

You are an idiot

His name should be a no show instead of showtime

Still wore and defended an undisputed lineal title. That's better than most guys will ever be able to claim.

Rematch with Cerrone, let's find out who quits faster, put a belt on the line because why the hell not

The only questionable one was the Ferguson one where he lied about a broken hand. He just didn't even want to try to go back out there and get a win.

Holloway and Poirier just finished him. Diaz got finished too once. Holloway finished him mostly with body shots, Poirier was able to injure a rib in the grappling by keeping that body triangle really tight as Pettis turned into it.

Hard to say TS is wrong, but the thing that bothers me the most about Pettis is how much his name is associated with "genius striker" because of the showtime kick, when I believe his BJJ is far better than his striking (never got caught in a submission, but gets beat up standing every fight for 5 years).

He fought until the bitter end with Nate and even got a nice reversal before the final horn. He was trying to win, but coming up short.

Max beat the dog snot out of him, that was a pretty clean cut TKO.

I think its fair to say he 'gave up' against Ferguson, because he just didn't want to take any more beating and knew he was unlikely to win. Frankly, I don't think any of these guys really want to fight Ferguson, he's a combination of legitimately world class and a complete maniac.

Yeah, there is some truth to that.

But damn, look at his schedule:

RDA (loses the title)
Alvarez
Barboza
Oliveira
Holloway
Miller
Poirier
Chiesa
Ferguson
Thompson
Diaz

all this in four years... that's BRUTAL <30>

Can you name a non-champion fighter with a more difficult row of opponents?
Not just in this era, maybe ever?

RDA punished him so hard he cant take a punch anymore. Anytime he gets hit he remembers what Dos Anjos did to him in that fight and quits.

Back