Leon Edwards just called the BMF title...

delbosque

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
...a journeyman's title on Ariel's show. That's pretty damned funny. It really does make me think of the WWE Intercontinental championship or the European and Hardcore championships from back in the day. "You're a champ, but you're not THE champ."

If you think about the BMF title as a journeyman's title, it actually would be kind of neat to see it be defended. The champ could call out others for a shot, even across weight classes. It would be neat to track the lineal progression of the belt from one weight class to another and then back again.

I think I just marked out.

Edit: Didn't realize he lifted this off Colby. Credit to Colby for a good line.

Last edited:
The lineal BMF title will some day belong to a random dude in a club

What happens when Ngannou wants to fight the winner of Diaz/Masvidal? Or when Conor who hasn’t won a fight in nearly 4 years fight the winner? Where does it stop?

Journeymen don’t deserve belts, if your not the best you shouldn’t wear gold. That’s some “everybody wins” little league shit. When do we stop making up trophies/belts for people who don’t deserve them?

Leon would get starched by both tbh

Sounds salty.

maxresdefault.jpg

Must be pretty embarrassing to get pieced up by a Journeyman

Tony Ferguson will get his title shot when he wins 20 in a row.

Let these two have their fun and get some recognition that they deserve.

Paulie Walnuts' biggest contribution to society will be predicting the BMF's title whereabouts.

He will also die masturbating with a noose around his neck in a totally unrelated situation.

This journey man Leon Edwards should be happy that there is a title out there for him

Leon must be mad because he missed out on a big payday against Jorge.

...a journeyman's title on Ariel's show. That's pretty damned funny. It really does make me think of the WWE Intercontinental championship or the European and Hardcore championships from back in the day. "You're a champ, but you're not THE champ."

If you think about the BMF title as a journeyman's title, it actually would be kind of neat to see it be defended. The champ could call out others for a shot, even across weight classes. It would be neat to track the lineal progression of the belt from one weight class to another and then back again.

I think I just marked out.

Tito Santana disagrees that the IC was a journeyman's belt.

Sounds salty.

maxresdefault.jpg

Must be pretty embarrassing to get pieced up by a Journeyman
One of those two is a world famous Bad MotherF&@ker, the other is a guy on a good win streak that no one knows about.

Which is which?
<BC1>

Tony Ferguson will get his title shot when he wins 20 in a row.

Let these two have their fun and get some recognition that they deserve.

42 year old Tony with 3 brain cells left...will finally get his chance to fight for a belt...and we'll all wonder how he would've done instead of Dustin during Khabib vs. Poirier 3: the Return of Yet Another FW Striker to Challenge the Champ (this happened just after Khabib-Conor 3 and Khabib-Holloway 2).

Leon would get starched by both tbh

and yet he is on a 8 fight win streak in the UFC, something those 2 can achieve only if they combine their longest (ufc) winning streaks (and only if we also consider TUF for the streaks)...

Good joke. Leon dominates both fairly easily.

Yeah, I'm skeptical about these LW-WW hybrid fighters having long-term success at WW. Yes, there are fights like Masvidal-Till and Pettis-Wonderboy, but there are also fights like Nate-Rory and Bendo-Koreshkov where you say "one of those guys fought most of his career at 155 for a reason...he has no business in there with a full-sized WW."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back