2:00 - Martin Kampmann is probably done with retirement
2:20 - Joey Diaz will make his UFC debut in 2020
2:40 - Jack Hermansson will face Cannonier in Copenhagen, DK
3:00 - Jorge Masvidal will recap the press conference
3:35 - Daniel Cormier will announce retirement

LIVE
https://twitter.com/i/events/964202978675605505?lang=en

Last edited:
Really not a fan of these celebrity guests every show, especially when they don't know a lot about MMA. Anytime Joey talks about MMA with Joe he has no idea what he's talking about. I guess him taking BJJ twice a year and watching a fight now and then is enough to get on the show. Hell, Stevo made it and he said he'd been watching on and off for two years.

Really not a fan of these celebrity guests every show, especially when they don't know a lot about MMA. Anytime Joey talks about MMA with Joe he has no idea what he's talking about. I guess him taking BJJ twice a year and watching a fight now and then is enough to get on the show. Hell, Stevo made it and he said he'd been watching on and off for two years.
Its Helwani what do you expect. The guy takes every chance to get a semi-known celebrity in his show.
But thats really not the worst of his stupid format.

Bring back Action Bronson? ESPN clearly wants these 'celebrities' on the show.

Cari Champion would be nice.

Its Helwani what do you expect. The guy takes every chance to get a semi-known celebrity in his show.
But thats really not the worst of his stupid format.
I guess but anytime these people get on I zone out. They sit there and talk about big fights because that's all they know. We'll see how Joey does he didn't even know Khabib's name and called him Kableeb. Also didn't know Stipe's name either.

Interesting. I was wondering about Kampmann recently. Will listen.

Not a single person from up-coming Bellator 228 . Only UFC ?

my man Joey Diaz. Will watch just because of him

It makes sense for them to have a celebrity on the show, might not be of our preference however it brings in an audience to the show who would never watch the show which then can bring more fans to MMA and the UFC so it's a good thing, just have a coffee break or something at the time if you don't want to watch it but realise this is a good thing having them (even if it's not for us personally which I understand).

Anyway in regards to the show, looking forward to it, specially Edwards and Masvidal as there will no doubt be some things mentioned there and nothing has been spoken about in regards to Edwards and Masvidal since Mas has been on his streak lately however this does at some point need to happen when all this hype around Masvidal has died down.

DC is having the rematch ain't he with Stipe from what I've heard.

Kampmann is one of my all-time faves but I don't feel too good about him coming back. Unless he was finished with his UFC contract and is coming back to take some easier fights here and there in smaller promotions in addition to his coaching duties or whatever. If he returns to UFC they're gonna match him up with much younger killers to get a name on their resumes. He's taken a lot of damage in his career and guys don't tend to get better in their late 30s after 6-7 years away from active competition.

Kampmann is one of my all-time faves but I don't feel too good about him coming back. Unless he was finished with his UFC contract and is coming back to take some easier fights here and there in smaller promotions in addition to his coaching duties or whatever. If he returns to UFC they're gonna match him up with much younger killers to get a name on their resumes. He's taken a lot of damage in his career and guys don't tend to get better in their late 30s after 6-7 years away from active competition.
Don't take "is probably done with retirement" seriously, I have no clue why he is on the show.

Yeah, part of me reckons he's just on to talk about MMA and what he's been watching etc... recently as I would have thought if there was to be an announcement they'd have saved that until last however you could be right, it's just an assumption I'm making which of course I could be wrong about.

They probably just want to give fans an update on what he's been doing too and things like that but will see :)

Hundreds of fighters without a voice and he brings in a comedian who talks for hours on end through other shows and podcasts every week.

Hundreds of fighters without a voice and he brings in a comedian who talks for hours on end through other shows and podcasts every week.

As I said it's about bringing a new audience to the show and MMA, I don't blame them and I would do it myself otherwise you don't progress or grow your audience out of what you have.

We just have to go get a coffee or go for a long shit or something at the time :D

As I said it's about bringing a new audience to the show and MMA, I don't blame them and I would do it myself otherwise you don't progress or grow your audience out of what you have.

We just have to go get a coffee or go for a long shit or something at the time :D
I get it with some other celebs, but I think anyone who can possibly care for MMA who likes Joey Diaz is already watching MMA. And Ariel will just ask him about shit Joey's followers have already hear a bazillion times before.

Back