Diakiese vs Vannatta 2nd fight on the prelims this weekend?

sampuncher

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I have no clue how the UFC's logic works when it comes to card placements.

This fight is going to be fireworks and it's 2nd fight in on the whole card?! Kinda sucks especially considering the rest of the prelims aren't that great on paper either.

This fight could easily be on the main card of a fight night. Both guys are wicked guys to watch, it sucks that a fair portion of people watching this weekend may not even realise and miss out on this.

This fight is going to be fireworks and it's 2nd fight in on the whole card?! Kinda sucks especially considering the rest of the prelims aren't that great on paper either.

This fight could easily be on the main card of a fight night. Both guys are wicked guys to watch, it sucks that a fair portion of people watching this weekend may not even realise and miss out on this.
gonna be a crazy scrap. how this is prelim worthy is beyond me. sometimes the ufc over thinks im guessing.

Yeah its an odd one would have made sense as the headline prelim to hype up the main card but the current placing is odd af.

Not massive names but entertainment alone these guys are main card worthy. Diakese did exceptionally well to beat Joe Duffy after a 3 fight losing streak

Card is full of low key potential wars. Brazilian Cowboy Vs Dalby should be fireworks too.

UFC matchmaking at its finest. Atleast not another 2+ women fights on the main card...

Not massive names but entertainment alone these guys are main card worthy. Diakese did exceptionally well to beat Joe Duffy after a 3 fight losing streak

They're not huge but definitely more well known over people like Lansberg, Brandon Davis and both fighters in the prelims main event alone.

Diakiese is my Congolese brother, well he would be if my user name wasn't taken from a street name but it still counts doesn't it?
Should be a good fight though with Diakiese winning, of course. I may not be Congolese but he's British with a full on Yorkshire accent.

I can almost see the point of having it early, get people to tune in to watch that fight and hope they stay for the rest.

Vannata has 1 win in his last 5 fights, and it was against a guy who clearly doesn't belong in the UFC -- seeing as he lost 30-25 across the board this past weekend.

Diakese has 1 win in his last 4 fights.

Why should the UFC be pushing either of these guys?

Let's be honest, Lando should be the main event.

At MSG.

I think they put fights like this on the prelims because they know they're going to be good and it will help sell the PPV if people are watching it and enjoying the event, which wouldn't be the same with fights that didn't deliver.

I agree with the sentiment though, Diakase just signed a new contract with the UFC not that long ago so I think this is his first fight in his new contract if I'm not mistaken.

It's the only fight I'm looking forward to and watching most likely

Another weak UFC card

I can almost see the point of having it early, get people to tune in to watch that fight and hope they stay for the rest.

Yep, I just said exactly this, I think people forget the prelims are there to sell the main card last minute too, so they have to have good fights on the prelims otherwise it would defeat the point.

I'm surprised people don't realise that sometimes, I know the sentiments are there but the not understanding it is the part really :)

Vannata has 1 win in his last 5 fights, and it was against a guy who clearly doesn't belong in the UFC -- seeing as he lost 30-25 across the board this past weekend.

Diakese has 1 win in his last 4 fights.

Why should the UFC be pushing either of these guys?
Coz some fans who dont give a fook about records.

Simple.

Because UFC knows Lando will be throwing useless spinning shit while blocking all the Diakese's punches with his face for 3 rounds. Diakese will wreck him, i'm quite confident about it

Back