Forrest Griffin submitted Shogun 12 years ago today

TheSpider

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Via RNC. Forrest went on to become the LHW champion by beating Rampage Jackson in his next fight

2B00A218-784D-49A2-8F52-A2D5B7E99966.jpeg
66AFEAAB-0E5E-4481-80E3-33E01B38258D.jpeg
2FC90A7A-2A5E-4AC4-9D70-47AA97E66FD6.jpeg
35FE3012-1A6E-4499-A03F-43B7AC72C8B5.jpeg

Yeah I recall Shogun gassing out within a round in that fight, congrats to both guys on winning the belt later on

Shogun rushed his knee injuries both times. Made easy work of Forrest in the rematch

He stood on his head? Just joking, good memory you have. Forest Griffin was born too early, I think he would have benefited from fighting in the social media era.

Anderson Silva had already taken Forrest’s soul by the rematch
Not just soul, Forrest described his body as broken those last years. Couldn't even brush his teeth using his right hand.

And the number one unidsputed GOAT, Anderson "The Spider" Silva, put Forrest into the Matrix.
giphy.webp

tumblr_m5b2ctv2ER1r580s4o1_250.gif

Easy fight. A complete humilitation.

Forrest was an animal back then

He was never quite the same after this era It seems like

Xtreme couture shit on a lot of careers with their ridiculous full on spars in the gym

If you get knocked out in training, there's something wrong

And the number one unidsputed GOAT, Anderson "The Spider" Silva, put Forrest into the Matrix.
giphy.webp

tumblr_m5b2ctv2ER1r580s4o1_250.gif

Easy fight. A complete humilitation.
Dude that happened a few years later?

One of the few times I've looked like a complete idiot when introducing noobs to MMA

I was at a friend's house watching the event with casuals and noobs who didn't even know who Shogun was. I remember telling them how it was a squash match and to watch how easy Shogun demolishes him, not even a competition, etc

Didn't come out looking too good in that one lol

Shogun got choked out by Forrest and Chael, damn.

One of the few times I've looked like a complete idiot when introducing noobs to MMA

I was at a friend's house watching the event with casuals and noobs who didn't even know who Shogun was. I remember telling them how it was a squash match and to watch how easy Shogun demolishes him, not even a competition, etc

Didn't come out looking too good in that one lol

That was pretty much everyone tho.

Huge upset

Back