Olympic Gold Medal or UFC Championship Belt?

Which is a greater accomplishment?

• Olympic Gold Medal

• UFC Championship Belt

Results are only viewable after voting.

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Which is a greater accomplishment? Getting an Olympic Gold Medal or a UFC Championship Belt.

As far as wrestling goes, UFC belt is cooler. Unless you're in the bubble. Boxing's, actually, debatable. I'd still prefer a UFC title cause I'm a fan of MMA and not really a fan of boxing, but it's two iconic things rolled into one - boxing champ/Olympic gold - it's tough to argue against that.

I guess wrestling's the toughest sport and shit, but... if I meet you and you say, "Hey! I won gold in wrestling at Olympic Games in Rio!", I'd be, like, "Cool! What else did you do there?"

But if you said, "Hey! I won gold in boxing at Olympic Games in Rio!", I'd be, like, "No way! You think you could beat Rocky?"

It's just cooler and more relevant.

Last edited:
Olympic gold.
The Olympics are etched in history and prestige.
The ufc is an mma promotion that creates bmf belts on a whim.
It probably won't last as long as the Olympics has.

depends on what kind of sport is it. I valuable gold/silver/bronze medal in Cycling/tennis more than ufc because there is plenty more competition.

Depends on interest .

If it wasn't for that swimming guy who talks like he's got a giant cud of skoal, I couldn't name a medal winner.

UFC belt and it's not close.

Why? Because it's a fucking choice, that Adults do and not all Olympic Gold medalist can get.

Most Olympic Gold Medalist are literally kids who have been training since they were kids......They never had a real choice, and had their whole lives controlled by their parents/coach.....Sorry can't really admire that......To me, that's worst than steroids(They are getting a huge advantage over 99% of humans), that's privilege at it's finest.

UFC belts on the other hand are won by adults who chose to get into MMA....and in order for them to become champs, they have to learn some new things/evolve.....That to me is why is much better/more valuable than a damn gold medal.

Not to mention, beating the shit out of people > Olympics

Depends on interest .

If it wasn't for that swimming guy who talks like he's got a giant cud of skoal, I couldn't name a medal winner.
Yeah, I'm not good with Olympic names and faces either. Some things do stick in my memory, though...

UFC belt and it's not close.

Why? Because it's a fucking choice, that Adults do and not all Olympic Gold medalist can get.

Most Olympic Gold Medalist are literally kids who have been training since they were kids......They never had a real choice, and had their whole lives controlled by their parents/coach.....Sorry can't really admire that......To me, that's worst than steroids(They are getting a huge advantage over 99% of humans), that's privilege at it's finest.

UFC belts on the other hand are won by adults who chose to get into MMA....and in order for them to become champs, they have to learn some new things/evolve.....That to me is why is much better/more valuable than a damn gold medal.

Not to mention, beating the shit out of people > Olympics
I dig the edgy take, but how is sacrifice a privilege? And a lot of fighters are social dweebs who grew up in shitty circumstances craving generic material wealth - not unlike Conor or Ortega who was given a choice by his coach 10 years ago. They get the "privilege", by your own definition, to be primed for a life of [prize] fighting. And then what about guys like Khabib who were wrestling bears since kid days - how is he different from an Olympic athlete being primed from childhood? His dad's literally a coach.

I see stiffness in your argument.

Last edited:
"The World's Fastest Man" is the most prestigious title in all of sports.

_46222945_mens_wr_v3.jpg

The 100m is the premier event in the Olympics and it outweighs 10 medals in lesser sports like swimming.

Olympic Gold is a bigger accomplishment especially in individual timed sports.

For one, in the Olympics, every athlete has to win a set amount of competition in order to earn a gold medal. In comparison, in the UFC, some fighters get title shots after or 3 fights while other can go 10 fight winning streak and not a get a title shot.

Popularity is irrelevant in most Olympic sports.

Depends on interest .

well, you don't even like submissions, yet watch MMA

So your opinion doesn't mean much

lol ask Ronda. Olympic medal got her a few grand and a handshake. UFC gold made her a millionaire famous across the world. Got movie roles and shit. Micheal Phelps has more golds than anyone and I've never seen his goofy ass in one direct to DVD swimming competition movie.

lol ask Ronda. Olympic medal got her a few grand and a handshake. UFC gold made her a millionaire famous across the world. Got movie roles and shit. Micheal Phelps has more golds than anyone and I've never seen his goofy ass in one direct to DVD swimming competition movie.

Most here disagree with you. Plus she only got a Bronze Medal. Gold Medal would have been different.

An Olympics medal is timeless. It's awarded to the best athlete of the sport.

UFC titles isn't even always awarded to the best fighter. Title fights are awarded based on who talks more, not who fights better. On top of that, who knows how long the UFC brand will last? It might go down the drain like Pride.

You have to actually earn your way to a Gold medal match.

No one is put there because they sell PPVs.

Depends on the sport.
I'd take the featherweight title over the gold medal in curling.
What's considered a bigger deal in boxing. The WBA title or Gold medal in Olympic boxing.
At the end of the day, it is what YOU perceive as more important. I watch more fights than Olympic sports.

Back