Mexican Culture and MMA

Lukn4trbl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Your thoughts about the reasoning behind the crowd behaviour last night?

Was it pride for their fighter Yair, whom was prevented the opportunity to fight due to an eye take?

Was it their hard-earned money gone to waste?

I think it's a mixture of both reasons in my post. Their paid top dollar to see their MMA star in action, and
it was swept away just after the bell.

If I recall, they began to throw garbage just a Herb signaled the fight off, and they weren't given a reason
at that moment. Many speculated Jeremy was acting to get out of the fight (which is funny because
they barely touched each other at that point), or possibly Yair getting a DQ for intentional eye-poking

Maybe Cheech and Chong have the answer?

Last edited:
Crowds get angry when they pay to see something and then they don't. I mean canadians rioted when Guns n Roses wouldn't come out to play, lol. There are bad crowds everywhere.

I think mexican fans felt cheated by Stephens. If Yair was knocked out cold I don't think anything would've happened. I mean nothing happened when Cain lost in Mexico.

Last edited:
All cultures are beautiful, and you're a shill for American exceptionalism you bigot.

Nah it was disgraceful. I'd probably pour my beer on the floor or something but I'd never hurl it at someone from a position in the stands where I'm hiding in numbers. Those "fans" are cowards who are apparently used to better bread and circus than what the UFC can offer. Also, if you buy a ticket to an event and expect everything to be perfect, you haven't been paying attention to the sport for the last, idk, 5 YEARS. Just accept the letdown and suffer in silence like a man.

Was it pride for their fighter Yair, whom was prevented the opportunity to fight due to an eye take?

I'd actually like to hear your thoughts on it. I find it pretty curious how many posters are acting like this sort of thing never happens over here in the "civilized" US.

colby-covington-maia-speech.jpg

I'd actually like to hear your thoughts on it. I find it pretty curious how many posters are acting like this sort of thing never happens over here in the "civilized" US.

I think it's a mixture of both reasons in my post. Their paid top dollar to see their MMA star in action, and

If I recall, they began to throw garbage just a Herb signaled the fight off, and they weren't given a reason
at that moment. Many speculated Jeremy was acting to get out of the fight (which is funny because
they barely touched each other at that point), or possibly Yair getting a DQ for intentional eye-poking.

they barely touched each other at that point), or possibly Yair getting a DQ for intentional eye-poking.
And where in all that does the Mexican culture come in? I mean it's the title of your thread, so what's the correlation? If you want to talk about the psychology of large groups of sports fans that's one thing, let's not back track now please explain.

UFC events in Mexico being very rare + people spending money and time to be there + the main event ending unceremoniously in 15 seconds + alcohol + mob mentality = last night

It's pretty simple, IMO. People who are shocked and appalled by this must not get out much or follow other sports. When I lived in Ohio, I had friends that lived near Ohio State University in Columbus and they would stay in hotels far away if OSU lost to Michigan. There would be riots, fires, cars destroyed, homes and businesses vandalized and looted, you name it. Yet drunken MMA fans in Mexico acting out is somehow 15000x more offensive than white American college kids doing worse.

And where in all that does the Mexican culture come in? I mean it's the title of your thread, so what's the correlation? If you want to talk about the psychology of large groups of sports fans that's one thing, let's not back track now please explain.

back track?

Their culture is about pride and respect for their fellow man, and support for an icon who represents them
in the ring. Have you followed their success in boxing and recent HW title grab from Ruiz?

Cain was a their first (and only?) representative champ, and I'm sure they're waiting for Yair - a yougner,
more skilled fighter to hold a belt in MMA again.

UFC events in Mexico being very rare + people spending money and time to be there + the main event ending unceremoniously in 15 seconds + alcohol + mob mentality = last night

It's pretty simple, IMO. People who are shocked and appalled by this must not get out much or follow other sports. When I lived in Ohio, I had friends that lived near Ohio State University in Columbus and they would stay in hotels far away if OSU lost to Michigan. There would be riots, fires, cars destroyed, homes and businesses vandalized and looted, you name it. Yet drunken MMA fans in Mexico acting out is somehow 15000x more offensive than white American college kids doing worse.
Dude it's quite obvious race is playing a huge part in people's reaction and how they see last night. It's the different set of standards we hold others to when we feel superior. I'm guilty of it too sometimes, disgusting thought process but human nature unfortunately, I just wish people would see it or accept when they get called out on it.

Why get mad at Stephens? He isn't the guy who did something illegal. Those fans who threw stuff were assholes.:mad:

back track?

Their culture is about pride and respect for their fellow man, and support for an icon who represents them
in the ring. Have you followed their success in boxing and recent HW title grab from Ruiz?

Cain was a their first (and only?) representative champ, and I'm sure they're waiting for Yair - a yougner,
more skilled fighter to hold a belt in MMA again.
Please tell me more about Mexican culture lol. Did Cheech and Chong give you the answer? You keep hop skipping and jumping all over this topic you clown, I would respect you more if you just came out said what you were really thinking with that OP, but youre just gonna play games so carry on

Please tell me more about Mexican culture lol. Did Cheech and Chong give you the answer? You keep hop skipping and jumping all over this topic you clown, I would respect you more if you just came out said what you were really thinking with that OP, but youre just gonna play games so carry on

Youre a fucking dick.

I answered you twice.

You have a problem with a funny video that I posted about Cheech Marin (who is Mexican- American)?

Why don't you answer my question in the OP, and join the discussion like the others have, or just " fly away".

Youre a fucking dick.

I answered you twice.

You have a problem with a funny video that I posted about Cheech Marin (who is Mexican American)?

Why don't you answer my question in the OP, or just " fly away".

3tfk6kj.png

Mexican fight fans that I've met much more favor boxing over MMA, so seeing a premature fight end so can be a shock I'd assume.

If the same thing happened ANYWHERE in the world, that (throwing garbage and dumping peer on the poor girl who sacrificed her damn arm) wouldn't happen. But they can’t help it, it’s a third world country. No one respects them and they have no self respect. That’s why Yair was screaming and crying, lots of pent up frustration and inferiority complex.

If the same thing happened ANYWHERE in the world, that (throwing garbage and dumping peer on the poor girl who sacrificed her damn arm) wouldn't happen. But they can’t help it, it’s a third world country. No one respects them and they have no self respect. That’s why Yair was screaming and crying, lots of pent up frustration and inferiority complex.
It happens everywhere and its happened in other sports here in the U.S. Your just a racist and are living in a trailer park. Dont be mad vato! Viva Mexico

they barely touched each other at that point), or possibly Yair getting a DQ for intentional eye-poking

Stop already. Americans crowds are just as bad . Have you seen them after a team wins a championship? Destroying city property..

Back