Real fighter never eyepoke

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I can never recall Fedor, Shogun, Nick, Nate eye poke. It's always these lame fucks that do it. Easy to avoid.. have your hands balled up to hurt someone

Others i cannot ever recall doing this

Rampage
Wand
Penn

These guys managed to go 100 total fights without doing this. Like wtf that should be a loss

Yair acting like that post fight was embarrassing. He needs to shut up and move on.

Didn’t he get cut last year?

I can’t recall this ever happening in a WMMA fight. Might not be nearly as frequent. Am I wrong on this?

Yair acting like that post fight was embarrassing. He needs to shut up and move on.

Didn’t he get cut last year?
Quite the opposite.. he go into a money standoff with ufc and likely won. Ufc has so much pull over the media that you think he got cut like theydidnt want him when its 100% a lie...

Toes. Chics use toes

I do recall one or two of those but that’s a drop in the ocean compared to the gouging and raking going on every other week in the men’s game. I am truly puzzled. I thought that chicks were the eye-clawing types?

I can’t recall this ever happening in a WMMA fight. Might not be nearly as frequent. Am I wrong on this?

You are actually right about this. There must be some but I can't think of a single example right now.

The TOE poke in Zingano vs Anderson is all that came to mind, but that is obviously something else.

Others i cannot ever recall doing this

Rampage
Wand
Penn

These guys managed to go 100 total fights without doing this. Like wtf that should be a loss
I can never recall Fedor, Shogun, Nick, Nate eye poke. It's always these lame fucks that do it. Easy to avoid.. have your hands balled up to hurt someone
khabgoat

Yair didn't eyepoke, he straight up clawed both eyes
Those fingers pop out like Wolverine claws just like Shields.
shieldseyepoke01_medium.gif

DecimalFabulousAstrangiacoral-size_restricted.gif

You are actually right about this. There must be some but I can't think of a single example right now.

The TOE poke in Zingano vs Anderson is all that came to mind, but that is obviously something else.

Yeah, like super-flukey, 100% blameless, right? Strange...

Those fingers pop out like Wolverine claws just like Shields.
shieldseyepoke01_medium.gif

DecimalFabulousAstrangiacoral-size_restricted.gif
and for all the flack GSP gets, he couldn't see and still fought. Stephens did nothing wrong and this 100% is on Yair though. Stephens would never take the easy way out. If his eye was able to open, I imagine he continues.

Eye poking is an elite level technique and WMMA just isn't there yet
<JonesLaugh>

What these guys have in common is a clenched fist ready to bang off someone's head. Not touching or pushing, with the exception of a Diaz slap. But even a Diaz slap doesn't cause an eye poke.

GSP, aldo, silva etc etc ( even khabib I believe .. )

What these guys have in common is a clenched fist ready to bang off someone's head. Not touching or pushing, with the exception of a Diaz slap. But even a Diaz slap doesn't cause an eye poke.
Yeah its pussy fighters that do it. Ones who are scared to throw down

Eye poking is an elite level technique and WMMA just isn't there yet
<JonesLaugh>

Yeah. Or mayhaps the ladies just ‘don’t want it bad enough’. lel

Jon Jones invented the coke-poke hold, which later became known as eyepoke.

Back