Can we stop blaming only the fighters for eyepokes

Jojomojo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Im mean sure Yair isnt supposed to extend his hands like that, but can you really blame him? Fighters get away with it all the time, the first one i think is DC vs Stipe 1 (but there are plenty more).

Its really the UFCs and the commissions job to find ways to prevent stuff like that from happening. Harder punishment for even extending your hands, different gloves or more time for the fighter to recover.

Im mean sure Yair isnt supposed to extend his hands like that, but can you really blame him? Fighters get away with it all the time, the first one i think is DC vs Stipe 1 (but there are plenty more).

Its really the UFCs and the commissions job to find ways to prevent stuff like that from happening. Harder punishment for even extending your hands, different gloves or more time for the fighter to recover.

Como estas, Yair.

the first one i think is DC vs Stipe 1 (but there are plenty more).
Wut? There is a long and storied history of this happening in the UFC lol. DC vs Stipe is hardly the beginning. Have you seen Jon Jones fight?

Well who else are you going to blame?
If the fighters didn't do it then it wouldn't happen.

Blaming the refs, the gloves, recovery time or space aliens doesn't work. Eye pokes only happen when a fighter pokes another fighter in the eye.

Wut? There is a long and storied history of this happening in the UFC lol. DC vs Stipe is hardly the beginning. Have you seen Jon Jones fight?
I think they mean that's the first one that springs to mind, as it was recent and has been talked about a hell of a lot on here.

You can't lay all the blame on the fighters. The fingers are a least partially responsible...

Came to say this was moments late <mma4> also it's not as if there isn't a better MMA alternative to prevent this FFS.
d7ArXZk.jpg

its the ufc's fault..

Why?

WHO HAS BEEN PUNISHED FOR EYEPOKING?

IN FACT........... MANY HAVE BEEN REWARDED USING EYEPOKES AS A TACTIC.

FUK THE UFC

They call 'em fingers, but you never see 'em fing...

Came to say this was moments late <mma4> also it's not as if there isn't a better MMA alternative to prevent this FFS.
d7ArXZk.jpg
This and no weight limit for heavyweight should be implemented to greatly improve MMA.

Blaming the refs, the gloves, recovery time or space aliens doesn't work. Eye pokes only happen when a fighter pokes another fighter in the eye.[/QUOTE]

One of the worst things about MMA is how inconsistently the rules are followed across events and even compared to the official rulebook.

It honestly baffles me sometimes.

OP solved the puzzle, UFC is to blame.

1LM9CVU.jpg

If the refs gave any punishment for eye pokes, they would pretty much stop altogether.

Anyone remember when Kevin Burns "beat" Rumble after poking him in the eyes 3 or 4 times within 3 rounds? Rumble couldn't continue after the last one, and it was called a TKO win for Burns.

I can't remember if he ever got anything more than a warning, but by the second or third he should have been DQ'd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back