Worst UFC card of 2019 so far?

MMA4Life

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Reminded me of Bellator 215....

All good UFC 243 isn't pretty on paper but I highly doubt it will be as abysmal as this card.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

3NoiN.gif

3NoiQ.gif

(Sorry Derek)

Last edited:
Has Brunson ever won a fight? Seems like hes always losing

Has Brunson ever won a fight? Seems like hes always losing
Best-of-UFC-Fight-Night-119-Brunson-vs.-Machida.gif

Best-of-UFC-Fight-Night-119-Brunson-vs.-Machida-cool-slow-motion-finish.gif

His reckless style worked against Machida-son *sigh*. I think Brunson's losses to Knuckles and Jacare mixed with his inability to take down Izzy played a factor in Brunson looking like a deer in the headlights against Izzy. The moment SB shrugged off the TD attempts Brunson's body language just folded. When he was confident he was a viable threat.

Last edited:
A draw and a no contest on the same card and basically no main event.

<36>

<31>

Hell no. Pure recency bias.

UFC San Antonio card was WAY worse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_ESPN:_dos_Anjos_vs._Edwards

We had the stureak of KOs from Hooker/Vick to Harris/Oleinik but the rest of that card was horrible

UFC Ottawa card was really boring and frankly terrible before Cowboy/Iaquinta too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Fight_Night:_Iaquinta_vs._Cowboy

There were a couple other FNs earlier in the year that were as bad or worse too. this card from the Nelson/Reyes fight to Grasso/Esparza was pretty fun TBH

Hell no. Pure recency bias.

UFC San Antonio card was WAY worse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_ESPN:_dos_Anjos_vs._Edwards

We had the stureak of KOs from Hooker/Bick to Harris/Oleinik but the rest of that card was horrible

UFC Ottawa card was really boring and frankly terrible before Cowboy/Iaquinta too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Fight_Night:_Iaquinta_vs._Cowboy

There were a couple other FNs earlier in the year that were as bad or worse too. this card from the Nelson/Reyes fight to Grasso/Esparza was pretty fun TBH
Valid points..... But tonight was a disaster for me. I enjoyed Edwards methodical dismantling of RDA and Cerrone's win against Al tonight's card. Welp...
{<shrug}
Also I'm the recency bias spammer lol. That's my modus operandi....

Last edited:
Think the Iaquinta Cowboy card was the pretty close if not worse but it was somewhat redeemed by the main event, everything else on that card was trash I mean the hilariously named Spartan was in the co-main event. With this card the only really memorable moment was Peterson ko'ing Bravo. Well I guess the crowds reaction to Stephens after the fight was waved off was memorable too.

Think the Iaquinta Cowboy card was the pretty close if not worse but it was somewhat redeemed by the main event, everything else on that card was trash I mean the hilariously named Spartan was in the co-main event. With this card the only really memorable moment was Peterson ko'ing Bravo. Well I guess the crowds reaction to Stephens after the fight was waved off was memorable too.
Yeah Elias co-maining was a disaster but like you said Dad Cerrone defeating Iaquinta was entertaining. Tonight all we needed was Yair and Stephens to have a proper scrap....IDK

Yeah Elias co-maining was a disaster but like you said Dad Cerrone defeating Iaquinta was entertaining.
It was but there were more stinkers on the Cowboy Iaquinta card too which makes it almost a wash. Maybe just because of how the main ended this one might shade it for worst card of the year to date.

I had no interest in it apart from the main event. There wasnt a single other fight I wanted to see, it was full of WMMA, flyweights (in my opinion, the division doesn't exist so I refuse to watch it) and 135-145lb guys who were one loss away from being cut. Extremely poor card and I didn't want to see the main event enough to avoid the internet for a few hours while I torrented it or waited for a torrent to be available.

Read the PBP's and fuck me, am I glad I didn't wait for the main event.

It was but there were more stinkers on the Cowboy Iaquinta card too which makes it almost a wash. Maybe just because of how the main ended this one might shade it for worst card of the year to date.
I rarely call bad card. Just my opinion. The next card will be likely over-perform expectations....

I rarely call bad card. Just my opinion. The next card will be likely over-perform expectations....
Actually thinking the main event for the event coming up should be a banger. Post Thailand Roundtree also should be good for an entertaining scrap.

Actually thinking the main event for the event coming up should be a banger. Post Thailand Roundtree also should be good for an entertaining scrap.
This. I used to dislike Khalil "I beat up Machida in sparring" but he has turned the corner and is a better fighter. He seems to improve every fight lately. And in his interviews he just seem's to be in a good place.

There's been too many. It's hard to keep track.

Lol relax, definitely not the worst card this year, UFC San Antonio or Ottawa takes that easily imo. The fights this card were entertaining for the most part, it was just the judges.

Back