Is there another sport equivalent of 'eye poke'?

black belch

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I mean in the sense, can an audience who paid and anticipated an event, just get robbed of an event because of a silly thing like that?

I'm not discussing if its legit or not, just if there is any scenario like that in other sport.

Boxing doesnt have to deal with that. I mean UFC has a 'glitch' it has to fix here. Nobodyh should be robbed of their money like this

That's an interesting question.

NHL has an emergency goalie on stand-by

Boxing has headbutts

Baseball has weather, sometimes football has weather too, as a result of open stadiums

Boxing has headbutts

Baseball has weather, sometimes football has weather too, as a result of open stadiums

But in those sports the games get postponed and played again, and the fans don't 'lose' their ticket

in UFC the guys just lose their money basically

Not sure. Maybe nba stars on road games like James sitting a game out?

I know a lot of people pay to see guys like him play when they come to their city and only to find out a day or even the day of that the player will sit the game out.

It's not in the moment but it still sucks

But in those sports the games get postponed and played again, and the fans don't 'lose' their ticket

Good point. So both just get their show money and nobody gets win money? That's a win for the UFC.

Yeah it's a risk that fans and the UFC take in attending or viewing a prizefight, not sure what can be done to protect against it

Also NFL and MLB dealt with problems liked cancelled games but that was like 100 years ago before the leagues matured

Ban eye pokes. O wait... never used to happen much, strangely common these days.

Ive seen hockey games cancelled mid-game due to poor ice conditions, cant recall it happening in the NHL though...

I wish I had a good answer to this.

I mean in the sense, can an audience who paid and anticipated an event, just get robbed of an event because of a silly thing like that?

I'm not discussing if its legit or not, just if there is any scenario like that in other sport.

Boxing doesnt have to deal with that. I mean UFC has a 'glitch' it has to fix here. Nobodyh should be robbed of their money like this
Baseball
phillies-grounds-crew-member-trapped-under-tarp.gif

Last edited:
Dirty face mask RIPS in American football in the 80/90's were the equivalent. Used to be able to get away with it, no repercussions.

Of course other sports have something similar.

Serena Williams was losing 3-1 in the first set of the final of the Rogers Cup in Canada last month and she pulled out with a back spasm and that was it, all over Bianca Andreescu won the title.

Cricket matches get rained off (same as baseball) so you could pay to go, show up and see no play at all. You do get a refund though but it's tiered depending on how much play is lost. Another one with cricket, if it's a Test Match and you have tickets for day 5 the game could be over by day 4 and there's nothing for you to see.

And everyone hates fighters who clinch too much. They deserve to be bitten.

Exactly, someone should have taken a lump out of Mayweather Jr shoulder, now that's a tasty shoulder roll you have there.....

Anytime your starting quarterback goes down to injury in a football game (nfl). There’s probably only a handful of backup quarterbacks who can actually win you a football game. You can pencil in the rest for a guaranteed loss.

Back