Grasso blew it

Yoel Stoolmero

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Got Esparza rocked 2 mins into the 3rd round, Cookie Monster on wobbly legs and Grasso just let her recover without applying any pressure. Dat 'im afraid of being taken down' mentality showing again in Striker vs Wrestler matchup.

Yeah she should have followed up, but at least she got the hyperextended armbar.

I dont think it was fear of the takedown. Seemed like it was was confidence in grappling.

I think she wanted a tired, hurt Carla to go for the TD.

Maybe Im wrong, shrug.

Crazy how securing 4 takedowns win you a match. Alexa outboxed Carla in R2 and R3 - even landed more strikes on the ground. She got robbed.

I didn't see the fight but the play-by-play mentioned the possibility of Grasso having a hurt foot and she tried a kick yet fell down after Esparza was rocked?

Moreno couldn't capitalize either and both of them should have got the finish and won

I dont think it was fear of the takedown. Seemed like it was was confidence in grappling.

I think she wanted a tired, hurt Carla to go for the TD.

Maybe Im wrong, shrug.

Esparza was rocked. The time frame to take advantage of that lack of equilibrium can be extremely small. The proper action in that scenario was definitely not to bounce around on the outside, hoping Carla shoots.

Esparza was rocked. The time frame to finish a fight in that scenario can be extremely small. The proper action in that scenario was Definitely not to bounce around on the outside, hoping she shoots.

Unless you can't punch for shit.

Esparza was rocked from Grasso punching her.

Did you see the other exchanges? I am not confident Gasso could stop The Cookie Monster with punches. Maybe if she swarmed her and got the ref to stop it. She didn't seem to have the gas, and was getting hit when they exchanged. There is significant risk of getting hurt or tired if she swarmed Cookie, and was down on the cards

She seemed extremely confident with her grappling, and nearly finished the fight with it.

Did you see the other exchanges? I am not confident Gasso could stop The Cookie Monster with punches. Maybe if she swarmed her and got the ref to stop it. She didn't seem to have the gas, and was getting hit when they exchanged. There is significant risk of getting hurt or tired if she swarmed Cookie, and was down on the cards

She seemed extremely confident with her grappling, and nearly finished the fight

This post makes no sense. Grasso was winning the striking and losing the grappling.

I didn't see the fight but the play-by-play mentioned the possibility of Grasso having a hurt foot and she tried a kick yet fell down after Esparza was rocked?
now it makes sense. I noticed Grasso twist herfoot/limp whe she got up but didn’t put it all together

Man, I thought Grasso won. Fucking unreal.

Back