Why does Conor spoil himself?

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try keep this conversation from a neutral perspective, whether you love or hate Conor put that aside and let's see if we can have a decent conversation, I know the majority here often do with only the odd few who spoil it, however hear me out on this.

He's a huge star, has done so well for himself (love or hate him, he has) and yet he can use all this for some great things such as this video here below.

I see things like this and think how this is awesome, like he's actually a good dude but then of course you hear the flip side where he's smashing fans phones and whatever else and I just feel personally he spoils himself.

I'm no Conor hater and I'm definitely no fan (specially the way he holds up the LW division and tries to jump in on peoples hype all the time denying (or trying to) other deserving talents such as Tony recently with the Khabib and Dustin thing) but it's like you see those video clips above and it's like you can't help but feel how he could be doing so much better as he clearly can.

And no, you don't have to be an ass to get over, The Rock is one of the nicest dudes in the world and guess what, he's one of the most popular and loved by far because of this and on top of that one of the most successful where his stock keeps rising every single day (unlike Conor), so all this bravado is bullshit, not needed, doesn't work or do you any favours as is 10000% evident with The Rock and how people love him, it's not coincidence.

Conor could be doing to so much better when you think about it.

Let's keep this as a decent discussion between adults as we are because whether you love or hate Conor he could actually be a good dude.

Personally I think all this stardom has got to him sometimes and he probably needs a break / someone to sort him out from this however chances are it's pretty hard telling (or advising) Conor McGregor what to do so I get it completely how it's easier said than done.

Thoughts, I thought this could be interesting.

A huge portion of his generation has the entitled mentality, and his popularity, wealth and particularly his earning potential for the UFC feeds the hell out of it. He gets away with murder which feeds his ego to do even more.

Plus, he's just a dick.

To answer the title of the thread... because he's rich.

So is The Rock, even more so.

This is why I say people need to read the thread and see the video.

I get it if people don't want to though so it's ok, this is why I thought I'd ask on the off chance to see if we could have this conversation, normally.

I was ready to answer the OP and then I realized the title was "Why does Conor spoil himself?" not "Why does Conor soil himself?"

A huge portion of his generation has the entitled mentality, and his popularity, wealth and particularly his earning potential for the UFC feeds the hell out of it. He gets away with murder which feeds his ego to do even more.

Plus, he's just a dick.

But this is my point, he also can be quite opposite, look at the video.

It's also not doing him no favours for his career or his stock which is complete opposite end of the scale from The Rock (as I mentioned in the OP), there really is no arguing that side of it because it's evident.

Honestly, it's a shame cause really he could be doing so well and he will be his own downfall which again whether you love or hate Conor (not you personally, I mean in general) it is a shame when he could so be the other way as he clearly shows in the video.

A retired fighter remains the biggest topic here on the Sherdog forums

Gotta give him props for that

A retired fighter remains the biggest topic here on the Sherdog forums

Gotta give him props for that

This is not a thread because people are fans or haters of Conor like all those that come around but more so because of how he actually could be doing so well.

This is why I wrote the opening paragraph in the OP cause I knew already this was going to be difficult but give it a chance anyway as I know many here can and do have great discussions.

But this is my point, he also can be quite opposite, look at the video.

It's also not doing him no favours for his career or his stock which is complete opposite end of the scale from The Rock (as I mentioned in the OP), there really is no arguing that side of it because it's evident.

Honestly, it's a shame cause really he could be doing so well and he will be his own downfall which again whether you love or hate Conor (not you personally, I mean in general) it is a shame when he could so be the other way as he clearly shows in the video.
Regardless of how many staged videos his publicity team posts to the internet showing Conor as a generous, humble humanitarian, most reasonable people won't buy it as long as he keeps sucker punching drunk old men in bars.

Regardless of how many staged videos his publicity team posts to the internet showing Conor as a generous, humble humanitarian, most reasonable people won't buy it as long as he keeps sucker punching drunk old men in bars.

You don't know it's staged , that's an assumption.

Maybe, maybe not but either way it's not like he hasn't got it in him, he's acknowledged fans on his Twitter and he's done a few good things for fans to make their day.

Look, I'm no fan of Conor either, he annoys me like fuck but I'm not going to turn round and say that he doesn't have it in him or accuse everything of being staged, that's so easy to do and he absolutely can completely do these things which he clearly does regardless of the video in the OP.

Truth is, people don't want to acknowledge that.

Bravado, partying, spending money, is highly common among prize fighters, since... ever.

Most importantly, it's also a gimmick. Conor is playing up the act. Popularity makes money in prize fighting.

That's the thing, everytime a video comes out with Conor coming across well .... It's staged.

But if a video comes out of Conor doing something shit .... it's different.

Truth is, he could actually be doing much better and this isn't doing him any favours for his stock at all (again, The Rock shows how different that is).

His investment is really starting to fall and I'm not just talking about money you have in your bank either but I'm general his stock has.

I suppose this is staged too?

Back