Greg Hardy's potential

joey gerbils

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think he's got some potential to become UFC champ. I know he has a lot of haters but he has champ potential.

Couple reasons:
1) he hits as hard as Ngannou so he always has the haymaker's chance to beat anyone

2) everyone ranked at HW is old as fuck and there are no young prospects available, so he really only has to wait until anyone currently ranked inevitably retires.

3) he is athletic and constantly improving

Once he gets more wins under his belt him fighting Francis would be pretty awesome guarantee KO

He’s an athletic brawler. A technical striking HW can make him quit in round 1. HW is just weak right now.

I think he's got some potential to become UFC champ. I know he has a lot of haters but he has champ potential.

Couple reasons:
1) he hits as hard as Ngannou so he always has the haymaker's chance to beat anyone

2) everyone ranked at HW is old as fuck and there are no young prospects available, so he really only has to wait until anyone currently ranked inevitably retires.

Once he gets more wins under his belt him fighting Francis would be pretty awesome guarantee KO

He's going to be the Michael "Venom" Page of the UFC, though, if he keeps fighting unknown guys.

Couple reasons:

No way he hits as hard as Ngannou, but he still packs a hell of a punch. I'm actually rooting for Hardy now because HW needs all the fighters it can get.

Would rather watch Curtis Blaydes throw him around the Octagon before taking his neck.

He’s an athletic brawler. A technical striking HW can make him quit in round 1. HW is just weak right now.

I agree with you that this is his main threat right now. He reminds me of a young prime Travis Browne in that he is already incredibly hard to outgrapple (although Browne also had a ton of heart and a good gas tank for heavyweight standards).

With a little more experience I truly think Hardy beats the vast majority of UFC HWs though, I became a believer after he bitch tossed Juan Adams so effortlessly. Many of the division's elite at around 40 as well.

What's thins BS about him being 'athletic'. Look at him, he's fat.

As soon as he faces a half decent wrestler he gets taken down, exposed and subbed.

Hardy will do nothing in the UFC, there are only so many bums they can feed him to get KO'd in the first round.

So far he's only fought cans

Start talking about potential when he fights someone decent but until then...

What's thins BS about him being 'athletic'. Look at him, he's fat.

As soon as he faces a half decent wrestler he gets taken down, exposed and subbed.

Hardy will do nothing in the UFC, there are only so many bums they can feed him to get KO'd in the first round.

I'm no Hardy fan but you can be athletic without being ripped, just look at his NFL combine stats.

BJ Penn and Fedor were both extremely athletic for MMA without being shredded.

So far he's only fought cans

Start talking about potential when he fights someone decent but until then...
You mean someone who has only been fighting for 15 months hasn't fought elite competition? SHOCKING.

Too bad Brock is too old and will probably never return. He and Hardy would be fun and really easy to hype. WWE vs. NFL guy (both well known before MMA), wrestler vs. striker, both very athletic. It would make the self-righteous MMA purists upset, but would be a huge money fight and pretty interesting. Almost like those celebrity boxing matches except both have legit skills (despite all their critics and the fact they're both pretty one-dimensional).

Couple reasons:
No. He may have more physical strength, but he can't punch that well (see the Crowder fight). His cardio is very suspicious as well (see the Crowder fight).

He may improve and do well, but I doubt he will be champ. He will have to go through Ngannou, Gane, Rozenstruik, Pavlovich and right now he is behind them.

You mean someone who has only been fighting for 15 months hasn't fought elite competition? SHOCKING.

Brock fought Mir, Herring and Couture within his first 15 months. He's an unusual case, though. His critics never gave him credit, but he had one of the fastest entries into real competition the sport has ever seen.

Brock fought Mir, Herring and Couture within his first 15 months. He's an unusual case, though. His critics never gave him credit, but he had one of the fastest entries into real competition the sport has ever seen.
Very true. Had to give him, albeit grudgingly, some respect for that.

GOAT Hardy. HardGOAT. GreGOAT Hardy. Greg GOATY. Choose a name and join the bandwagon.

He has potential, but we haven't seen much from him yet. Calm down TS.

He's going to be the Michael "Venom" Page of the UFC, though, if he keeps fighting unknown guys.
MVP is fancy as fk in the cage. A good mix between Perriera and a good fighter. That Lima KO was bad ass though.

MV5BYmViZGM0MGItZTdiYi00ZDU4LWIxNDYtNTc1NWQ5Njc2N2YwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.jpg

Brock Lensar was a high-level collegiate wrestler. Greg Hardy has no martial arts background.

If you don't possess the ability to comprehend & distinguish the difference between the 2, then I'm sorry for you.

Back