Does Jorge have the most deceptive record ever?

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
he has 13 losses but 5 of them split decisions. the Palomino, Daley, Khabilov, Iaquinta, Benson, Larkin and Maia fights were hardly lopsided. A couple of those were legit robberies (Iaquinta, Palomino), others couldve went either way (Daley, Khabilov, Benson). Fights like Demian and Larkin he prolly clearly lost 2 rounds w/ 10pt must system but if u look at the fight as a whole they were both even fights. I dont know anything about the Assuncao fight as ive never seen it posted online and its one of the white whale fights but Jorge feels he got robbed in it from an interview before

The only times he was really outclassed and/or finished were his 2 sub losses, Wonderboy, Giblert when he had a buroken hand and Damm which was an alltime bad stoppage from a ref

One of the best cases when people wanna base everything off record numbers, instead of watching fights.

He also was beating Tony Imada before the inverted triange

One of them for sure. The Khabilov and Wonderboy fights are the only fights I've seen where he was clearly outclassed. Most his losses have come in very competitive fights.

Regardless of his record.

He's been one of the absolute best and most well rounded fighters in the world for a very long time. He's in his prime right now.

masdival should be nicknamed ranchero because he's the mexican cowboy. Good fighter, but always folds under the spotlight.
GwYzQSs.gif

masdival should be nicknamed ranchero because he's the mexican cowboy. Good fighter, but always folds under the spotlight.

The Noons, Cowboy, Till and Askren fights were all big fights at the time that he dominated

The Giblert, Demian and Imada fights were the only other "big" fights he lost and the Demian fight was a split decision and very even fight overall. He broke his hand against Giblert. Imada he got caught. I guess u can say the Wonderboy fight was "big" considering the card it was on but it didnt really feel like one

In the last 5.5 yrs, Jorge is 9-5. Of his 5 losses, 4 were by split decision, his only loss that wasn't super close was vs Wonderboy. In the last 4 yrs, Jorge's 6 wins have all been via finish except for 1 win vs Pearson. When Jorge wins, he wins via finish. When he loses, he loses close split decisions. I would say Jorge is not a easy fight for anyone, he's very durable & he's always capable of finishing.

Half of Sherdog thinks he’s a a journeyman bum, but it’s not worth trying to convince them.

One of those guys where until recently, his losses said more about how good he is than his wins. Similar to Gus.

In the last 5.5 yrs, Jorge is 9-5. Of his 5 losses, 4 were by split decision, his only loss that wasn't super close was vs Wonderboy. In the last 4 yrs, Jorge's 6 wins have all been via finish except for 1 win vs Pearson. When Jorge wins, he wins via finish. When he loses, he loses close split decisions. I would say Jorge is not a easy fight for anyone, he's very durable & he's always capable of finishing.

The finishing part is the most interesting case. He wasnt much of a finisher at all @ LW but in the UFC hes finished every WW hes beaten besides Pearson. At the time Pearson fight was just a boxing lesson and then after the Jake finish ppl could harp on the toe cage thing. U could say Mutante had a glass jaw when he finished him too. But after the Cowboy, Till and Askren fights theres no denying hes one of the most dangerous finishes @ WW. Its funny looking back that Pearson made it to the cards but i dont think many predicted a finish for Jorge back then but he did drop and hurt him badly at one point

JM is a flash in a pan right now. He got himself an incredibly rare/fancy KO that went viral, which is super convenient in this UFC/ESPN age we're in right now. He's an OK fighter but all this Masvidal mania will soon fizzle out. He's going to get mauled in his next fight.

But I don't fault him one bit for milking his last fight's outcome and selling himself. He'd be a fool not too.

One of those guys where until recently, his losses said more about how good he is than his wins. Similar to Gus.

Masvidal is way more proven than Gus. Gus hasnt beaten any top 5 fighters in their purime unless u consider a 38yo Glover in his purime

his best wins are Thiago Silva who was inactive and lost multiple fights at the time, a washed up Slowgun who barely got passed Vera, Jimi when he was barely top 10, Jan (who wasnt ranked at the time). Other times he fought top 5 guys (Bonesx2, DC, Crumble, Smith) he lost

Till, Askren and Cowboy were all top 5 guys when Jorge finished them. And he has that showing in a fight that couldve went either way against a champion VS Benson (which is all ppl remember Gus for, losing to Bones and DC)

JM is a flash in a pan right now. He got himself an incredibly rare/fancy KO that went viral, which is super convenient in this UFC/ESPN age we're in right now. He's an OK fighter but all this Masvidal mania will soon fizzle out. He's going to get mauled in his next fight.

But I don't fault him one bit for milking his last fight's outcome and selling himself. He'd be a fool not too.

Nate fits the bill of being an OK fighter far more than Jorge does

They both have common opponents in Cowboy and Benson and one of them looked far better (it wasnt Nate).

Also u can say the same thing for Nate. He was 2-3 in his last 5 before fighting Conor, got absolutely shit kicked in all 3 losses, one of the wins was to a washed up Gray and the other in a back and forth 2-1 FOTN decision to Johnson. The 2 Conor fights drew massive and he got incredibly lucky with that matchup and then Pettis who folds against pressure and hasnt put together consecutive wins since 2014

Back