Will UFC cough up the cash to make Usman/Colby?

TheSpider

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or will they lowball both fighters and make them fight anyway?

Will U Fight Cheap pay Usman and Colby or will they move on without them?

From what everyone is saying, Diet Chael is the one holding things up. You can move on without him

Neither are a draw
Why pay them more than they are contractually obligated to?

<JagsKiddingMe>

It's not a fight I need to see. Quite honestly, their fights are boring as fuck.

Neither are a draw
Why pay them more than they are contractually obligated to pay them?

<JagsKiddingMe>
Because fighters are grossly underpaid as confirmed my UFC lawsuit court documents (UFC 80% of revenue vs fighters 20%)

Not likely. It just isn't a fight that is being demanded by the fans and generating interest.

No, wouldn't be surprised if he had to fight the wnner of Diaz vs Street Jesus or Woodley rematch.

I'm thinking they continue to lowball both fighters.

Then dana will shit talk both and label them as not wanting to fight.

They’re gonna cut Colby

Usman will fight winner of Diaz masvidal

If they don't make Usman vs Covington that's ridiculous. I'm actually looking forward to that fight.

Last edited:
Y'know, I would of0er them $1.49 each and 25 points each on the ppv just to get the shit over with.

If you're so fucking confident you're a draw, take the ppv cut.

Of course, you'd then have to fill the card with TUF alum.

Does amybody want to see this fight??? Send both guys to Bellator.

Fights not gonna get made. Colby probably wants at least a mil and the UFC is too greedy to cough it up. Nate VS Masvidal winner gets next shot.

There is a big market for Colby. UFC knows their target consumer demographics well, that's why Ari and Dana created his entire shtick.

Seems like they won't. I get it that neither are a draw, but sucks that business trumps sport when you don't get to see the best guys fight each other. Even their own rankings mean nothing.

Doesn't look like it'll get made. Which sucks, because they're the two best guys. UFC drowning in debt and tightening up the purse strings is really hurting the sport.

and take a huge hit? probably not.

usman is the chammp, they will clearly pay him.

but colby is the one they can fuck with and not match what he wants. someone else will take the fight. who knows what colby is asking for, but its funny his lawler fight he got paid 45k to show. i bet he is asking for a couple hundred k to fight (200k-300k).

Colby and usman are boring. I'm a pretty big fan, more than just a casual, and I've seen one or two fights from both of them. Their style just doesn't excite me. I can appreciate good wrestling, it's just not as exciting as scrambles, bjj, and striking, to me.

Back