Media Justin Gaethje best clinch game today??

If you consider one hand behind the head while you swing the other hand at their face a clinch, then yea

Eddie Alvarez destroyed him in the clinch

_f6ilr.gif

tumblr_p0dao9i3b51udfb8oo1_500.gif

That fight is a bad example. Cerrone was and is so gun shy in those clinches. Always the same when he is being pressured or isn't establishing his own offensive pattern.

More dirty boxing than true clinch. But Gaethje is peaking and improving. He is more calculated now and isn't just brawling the losses to Eddie and Dustin seemed forced him to go back to the drawing board and stop fighting like he is invincible. Who wins now in a rematch Eddie or Gaethje. Eddie pulled off a miracle win in his last fight but Gaethje has ran through his last 3 opponents.

He doesn't even have the best clinch game in his division.

I mean he's got some good dirty boxing... I'd expect to see some more dominant control as far as physically moving his opponent around and dominating position as well. That and a more varied attack with more knees, elbows, foot sweeps etc. Man I keep thinking of Anderson's clinch on Franklin....yikes.

Prime Matt Brown has the best clinch game in all of mma, offensively at least. Uses it effectively almost every fight.

Nah prime Ubereem had best clinch game. KO'd more dudes than anyone else in there

Anderson Silva? He used to be.

he was up there but alot of dudes he smashed in the clinch were clueless technically and were in a very depleted and historically weak MW division. His clinch game wasnt really notable pre-UFC when he was in PRIDE and Cage Rage either

giphy.gif

UFC168-ChrisWeidmanXAndersonSilva-Rd1-SloMo1a-400-sg.gif

Back