Usman/Colby are so boring that Dana is literally creating a new belt.WW is in a sad state of Flux

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Even flyweight division never had a fake proxy belt. The sad state of the 170 division is apparent. The champ, Usman, is PPV poison. Colby is like an Anti Matter Conor. He does promotions, talks shit, but he is more irrelevant than ever. Goes to show no matter how much trash talk you produce it does not guarantee success as a draw because at the end of the day what the fans want is an entertaining fight.

waiting for the winner of that shit show is askren, an autistic wrestler who somehow has more character than either of these two men. After that, Tyrone Woodley still has a pulse and for some reason thinks his talk merits title shots.

71OpFg7VlBL._SL1500_.jpg

Colby's last fight was fantastic.

I hate the guy and think he should sign whatever offer he gets for the title, within reason. But if you can't put together a highlight reel out of that fight interspersed with others for promotion, you're probably a shit promoter.

As for Usman, I'm sick and tired of the new trend of WW champs just getting the belt and sitting on it. If you don't want to fight and stall fight negotiations because your ego is more than your worth, go fight in some shitty promotion that will pay you a million bucks and fold after two events.

I like Usman somewhat, but its funny that no one really likes Colby or Usman. To be fair they are boring fighters and it makes sense why Dana is making this belt.

What was sad was them trying to muster up anything noteworthy to introduce Masvidal at the press conference.

He should create an FOTB belt for Snoozeman and Scrubbington

They can earn it without even fighting

Fuck off to Bellator

Ussman and woodley are boring as hell with no marketable personalities. Colby has a horrid shtick but isn't as boring as a fighter as the 2 above.

Dana has a Top 3 shit brigade and had to do something. Just keep those 3 assholes away from the BMF belt.

Ussman and woodley are boring as hell with no marketable personalities. Colby has a horrid shtick but isn't as boring as a fighter as the 2 above.

Dana has a Top 3 shit brigade and had to do something. Just keep those 3 assholes away from the BMF belt.

spot on

They can have a belt, but they won't be the champ nor the best fighter in their division.

If that belt doesn’t mean anything then why is that fight gonna do double the buys of usman vs Colby

They are having fun with a non-title fight. WHO CARES. Let them bang bro

Anti Matter Conor lol

There's a Fitch v Shields side to it but people are exaggerating. They both have great records and seriously hate each other which adds some interest at least for me. Jones vs Smith or Holloway vs Edgar weren't likely to be amazing fights and they weren't but people weren't freaking out over them. They need to just put this fight together and see what happens.

I think it's just a big old petty fuck you from Dana to Colby and Usman. Two fighters who aren't draws who hold belts they legitimately won but want to get paid like draws. So, make (another) fake belt and have two fighters who should be draws fight for it and out the real belt in the freezer.

The real fight fan doesnt give afok what you are think8ng you foking shernerd

Colby has the only UFC belt that matters, deal with it!

1foJCPr.gif

I love the fight but it’s going to be a total bust ppv wise

Whatever, Colby is hilarious. Hes so bad its funny. I live that he will say anything, no matter how disrespectful.

GSP never talked trash and was not entertaining
yet he was a huge draw, b

how u explain that?
He was finishing everyone and quickly too, actually. Up until he won the title, he finished almost everyone and only decisioned the best fighters around at the time.

So by the time he won the title, everyone saw him as this young phenom top P4P fighter. It took basically a dozen straight decisions before people finally started turning on him a little saying he was boring. By the time people decided GSP was boring, he was basically the GOAT so he had that to carry him.

Usman, Woodley and maybe but to a lesser extent Colby all have reputations in some fans' minds to be prone to boring fights and/or to be willing to lay and pray/stall for a safe win when needed. If you compare Those guys to GSP at a similar point in his career, GSP was considered way more exciting and p4p great than they were.

Back