Damn It, Someone PLEASE enlighten me - Masvidal's hate for Askren vs his hate [now] for Colby

Mark Asenter

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Please bare with me....

Masvidal, B4 & after beating Askren has been on countless media outlets(Rogan, helwani, etc.) stating his PERSONAL HATE for fighters like Askren cause of how much Askren gets personal in his tweets, his shit talking, his posts, etc.. How he HATES fighters who bring up family, kids, or other personal "non fighting facets" just to get some "likes" or followers on social media in order to build up a fight and/or their name... basically he HATES any "made up drama" as a promotional boost before a fight.

Now Mas & Colby are beefing - Case of the chickens coming home to roast perhaps? Does Mas not see the Irony at all?

HOW CAN YOU BE close friends with Colby (for a long period of time), even having lived with him....when COLBY is more guilty, by orders of magnitude of exactly what Mas says he "HATES" - talking about others fighters' wives, ethnicity, family, etc....
I like Mas but I can't stand hypocrisy (though most of us are guilty of it in some form, myself included)... I'm trying to find an argument to continue liking him....

My bad for post being so long....Any thought?

He was pals with him before his act. He admitted in and interview recently that they haven’t been close for months and that Colby let them in on his idea to save his ufc career. But he’s taking it too far speaking shit about team mates(and turning down title fights)

Masvidal is playing the game the right way.

Colby's fake act is pretty new, he wasn't always a troll. Masvidal already stated he didn't like the shit that he does.

Colby's fake act is pretty new, he wasn't always a troll. Masvidal already stated he didn't like the shit that he does.
Ding ding, we have a winner.
  1. Colby used to just be a guy, and stayed with Masvidal (and others apparently) when starting his career, having no money or income.
  2. Colby eventually moved out.
  3. Colby then took on a persona, for marketing purposes.
It was not the other way around, TS. He was obviously a wrestler based grappler when he started training and lived with Masvidal, but he wasn't the persona that he is today.

Lol @ thinking Colby and Jorge all of a sudden hate eachother. They playing you guys like chumps.

both being a hypocrite and/or hating are common human traits...so the guy is human...so what?

Please bare with me....

Masvidal, B4 & after beating Askren has been on countless media outlets(Rogan, helwani, etc.) stating his PERSONAL HATE for fighters like Askren cause of how much Askren gets personal in his tweets, his shit talking, his posts, etc.. How he HATES fighters who bring up family, kids, or other personal "non fighting facets" just to get some "likes" or followers on social media in order to build up a fight and/or their name... basically he HATES any "made up drama" as a promotional boost before a fight.

Now Mas & Colby are beefing - Case of the chickens coming home to roast perhaps? Does Mas not see the Irony at all?

HOW CAN YOU BE close friends with Colby (for a long period of time), even having lived with him....when COLBY is more guilty, by orders of magnitude of exactly what Mas says he "HATES" - talking about others fighters' wives, ethnicity, family, etc....
I like Mas but I can't stand hypocrisy (though most of us are guilty of it in some form, myself included)... I'm trying to find an argument to continue liking him....

You need to have more than one friend to understand the intricacies of having multiple connections to people, you fucking robot.

Lol @ thinking Colby and Jorge all of a sudden hate eachother. They playing you guys like chumps.
this makes more sense than anything I read here so far. Taking things at face value in this world is almost always a disappointment

OMG the street banger doesnt have the wisest of views? STFU and watch him bang bro.

My thoughts are I like him as a fighter, he’s been around for a long time and I admit I find myself kind of rooting for him. That said he’s certainly no role model for your kids.

Please bare with me....

Uh what?

When was Askren getting personal with Masvidal? Other than to say he got the better of grappling exchanges in the past.

Right up until Masvidal beat Till, Askren was campaigning for a fight with Till and hadn't said shit about Masvidal.

Askren does not talk about other fighter's families, I assume you meant that is something that Covington specializes in.

I don't think you can group them together as Askren tends to be sarcastic and witty while Covington probably has a KKK hood in his closet.

And why is Masvidal so popular all of a sudden? Isn't he the guy that punched Edwards in the face backstage? I guess the lowbrows on this site love their thugs.

Uh what?

When was Askren getting personal with Masvidal? Other than to say he got the better of grappling exchanges in the past.

Right up until Masvidal beat Till, Askren was campaigning for a fight with Till and hadn't said shit about Masvidal.

Askren does not talk about other fighter's families, I assume you meant that is something that Covington specializes in.

I don't think you can group them together as Askren tends to be sarcastic and witty while Covington probably has a KKK hood in his closet.

And why is Masvidal so popular all of a sudden? Isn't he the guy that punched Edwards in the face backstage? I guess the lowbrows on this site love their thugs.

Covington doesn't have a KKK hood in his closet. It's all smoke and mirrors. Everyone that has known Colby personally, has gone on record saying he isn't that guy. Unfortunately, putting on this act still isn't getting him paid apparently. I am almost certain Jorge and Diaz getting paid more than Colby would have got for fighting Usman.

Covington doesn't have a KKK hood in his closet. It's all smoke and mirrors. Everyone that has known Colby personally, has gone on record saying he isn't that guy. Unfortunately, putting on this act still isn't getting him paid apparently. I am almost certain Jorge and Diaz getting paid more than Colby would have got for fighting Usman.

Or are they getting paid more because they are actually exciting fighters to watch?

Just enjoy the ride my guy, don't look to deep into it

Back