Media In wake of USADA suspension, UFC releases David Branch from contract

Guard

Be Real
@Green
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/9/...nsion-ufc-releases-david-branch-from-contract

The UFC has for a second time cut ties with David Branch.

The former two-division WSOF champ was released by the industry leader one day after the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) handed him a two-year suspension for a failed drug test.

A UFC official confirmed Branch’s release after an initial tweet from reporter Mike Russell. A request for comment to Branch wasn’t immediately returned.

Branch (22-6) failed an out-of-competition USADA test on May 24, coming up positive for Ipamorelin, a substance that mimics growth hormone and is banned year-round. Several NBA athletes have tested positive for the drug and received substantial suspensions.

The USADA suspension comes one month after Branch was removed from a scheduled fight against Andrew Sanchez at UFC Vancouver. USADA does not announce the results of anti-doping cases until they have been resolved.

Branch’s two-year suspension bars him from competition until July 26, 2021, and his suspension is noted in the Association of Boxing Commission’s administrative database. However, the suspension is only used for informational purposes; ABC-member athletic commissions will have ultimate authority over whether Branch can receive a fight license.

In 2016, Branch re-signed with the UFC after a star-making comeback in the WSOF (now rebranded as the PFL). But recent octagon outings were problematic, and he had lost his past two fights, including a 49-second submission setback against Jack Hermansson in March.

Branch leaves the UFC with a 2-3 mark after a 2-2 run with the promotion in 2010-2011, where he famously was the victim of a brutal slam knockout courtesy of Gerald Harris.

Never saw that coming...

image%20%2878%29_1.png

Signs for One within a week.
At least they don't have the retarded drug testing policy that UFC has. Why would you disallow steroids in the first place? Don't we all want to see the best fights possible?

Damn bro, I had high hopes for him, but instead we got 2 underwhelming runs in the ufc.

Last edited:
Don’t let the door hit you on the way out

DUMBASS

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that he signs with One

At least they don't have the retarded drug testing policy that UFC has. Why would you disallow steroids in the first place? Don't we all want to see the best fights possible?

Dunno about you but I'd rather they don't give themselves even more brain damage and other physical problems from doping.

Dunno about you but I'd rather they don't give themselves even more brain damage and other physical problems from doping.
Give me 1 example of a known steroid user that now has serious medical problems (from MMA), you mind find one, but they are rare ;). Overeem not only took holy amounts of steroids but also got knocked out like 15 times and everything's okay with him.

problem is we wouldnt know who the best fighters were. it would be who ever has more money for the best doctors.

also if someone is clean, and they get beat the fuck down by someone not clean how do you defend this? call the guy dumb for not abusing something that might hurt his body long term? say hes not skilled or strong enough compared to the roid monkeys and its his own fault?

im for certain peds i guess, but there should be a line.

Last edited:
Give me 1 example of a known steroid user that now has serious medical problems (from MMA), you mind find one, but they are rare ;). Overeem not only took holy amounts of steroids but also got knocked out like 15 times and everything's okay with him.

They're mostly not old enough yet, a lot of these guys will be passing from heart complications before their time.

No surprises at all. Branch was on the downslide bigtime even pumped full of gear - he's about 40 as well, needs to call time on his career. I never rated Branch, ever. It will go down as one of the most baffling recent outcomes for me when Branch KO'd Thiago Santos...…...along with Santos being mauled and submitted by Eric Spicely.

Reem is 39, still young

Let's see how his health stacks up in 15 years to other 55 year olds.

Ipamorelin, not bad stuff it is, gives you wicked skin. Its just a pain having to inject three times per day.

Age is not on his side to sitting out for 2 years

Good guys UFC

Back