Brian Ortega, have we forgotten about him a little too much?

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this while reading the Mike Perry thread and was wondering what his next fight is going to be, I think I heard something recently about a potential Korean Zombie fight though I'm not sure, Ortega's last fight was Max last December so it's not far off from a year he hasn't fought (it won't be long until we're in December now).

I suppose it's a good thing he took time out cause I do honestly feel when fighters don't take a step back after a loss (IE Till) it does them no favours and just add's more losses to their record more times than not, however he's had some time now and I'm sure he'll come back on fire cause the dude can fight.

He beat some great people in his career such as Frankie Edgar and Cub Swanson who are fantastic fighters so the Max loss isn't a bad loss at all and then it was due to a doctors stoppage, he had some surgery and as far as I'm aware has been cleared for a while.

So what do you guys think, who would you like to see Ortega fight next?

Brian Ortega had a choice, fuck Halle Berry. He did. Forget about Modelo.

I’m all for fighters taking a step back after a big loss, especially when they threw together a long streak and lose a title fight. No ones calling for the rematch, so it makes sense to just chill and take his time. Because max went up to 155 featherweight has been quiet. He’s probably waiting to see who shakes out of the next few fights at the top of the div, because he likely doesn’t want to have to fight a ton to get another title shot ala tony Ferguson.

After the beating and amount of head strikes he absorbed in the Max fight, he is being smart by waiting a year between fights.
tumblr_pjjd7e3AzC1r7vh24o1_540.gif

He should fight Korean Zombie or Josh Emmett next.

Some might just remember him a bit too much in my opinion.

I’m all for fighters taking a step back after a big loss, especially when they threw together a long streak and lose a title fight. No ones calling for the rematch, so it makes sense to just chill and take his time. Because max went up to 155 featherweight has been quiet. He’s probably waiting to see who shakes out of the next few fights at the top of the div, because he likely doesn’t want to have to fight a ton to get another title shot ala tony Ferguson.
~

100% agree with this, this is what Darren Till I feel has been making a mistake with and he's still doing it now with Gastelum but lets see how he does first before judging even though we know the likely outcome, let him see how he does in the new weight class however he was calling out Lawler not long after his Masvidal loss and it's like really, take a step back Till and then come back because you can do this.

Too many fighters just want to rush in and rectify their loss but then usually ends up with more losses which puts them on a spiral.

He should fight Korean Zombie or Josh Emmett next.

Josh Emmett, yeah he's a pretty solid fighter too.

In b4 "he had a choice".

Edit: You guys are fast.

Last edited:
TS whats up with you

Dont yoy know that sherdog is magical land where you are future GOAT when winning and then after one loss you become a bum a has been overrated....

No,

He's overrated. Always was and people who thought he'd beat Max probably eat their steak through a straw.

TS whats up with you

Dont yoy know that sherdog is magical land where you are future GOAT when winning and then after one loss you become a bum a has been overrated....

Ha, yeah I hate that, I also hate how when someone is doing well all of a sudden a load of threads come out trying to pull down that persons credit or say how they're not as great (IE Justin Gaethje being the latest) lol

Just let fighters fight and enjoy the fights, they don't all have to be GOAT or anything (I barely even care about that anyway) lol

Max totally derailed Ortega’s hype train. Before the fight with Max, many fans were proclaiming him as the guy to beat Khabib, and they all went silent after Max schooled him.

Personally, I think Ortega still presents a very intriguing matchup for Khabib and I would like to see him at LW.

That sounds difficult lol
Yeah, was kinda going for the idea you'd need to have undergone a lobotomy - which would require most of the food you consume to be blended up first.

If someone could actually eat a steak through a straw it would have been a compliment.

Ortega has literally only won like two rounds on judges score cards in his entire career in the UFC. I made a post about this before. Nearly every completed round he lost and every round where he got the sub he was losing.

Back