Who do you think has the better ground/top game, Khabib or Rockhold?

giphy.gif

Just on the basis that Luke can't get a fight to the ground anymore I'd have to favor Khabib, he's at least doing it in fights whereas Rockhold is being woken up looking at the bright lights.

I don't know. But for Rockhold it's a case of protecting that chin to get to the ground first!

Khabib. He's able to get the fight to the ground with his wrestling which makes it more effective than Luke's..

If Luke had a chin he'd be really fucking good

He's become the bigger version of Garbrandt....puts himself in terrible situations when he has the skill and length/dexterity to stick and move

OP what sparked this thread.

I’ve always been curious as to where these weird random threads originate from.

Was it just a random thought and you decided to start the thread? Any insight you can share would be appreciated.

Rockhold. I'd say scariest top game in MMA today.
GOD DAMN THO ROCKHOLD, JUST GET IT TO THE GROUND!!!

pretty sure rockhold would beat khabib . pretty big size difference.

rockhold if he can actually get it there, not sure why people are acting like this is a dumb question lmao.

rockholds top game and BJJ are fucking naaaasty.

At 185, Luke maybe the biggest middleweight I've seen ( Lovato jr also) and his top game at middleweight just got downright scary but it just doesn't matter anymore. You cant fight in a cage anymore when the senses connected from your chin to your brain have been breached to the point of a soft touch separating you from consciousness.
We'll never know how his ground game, sadly, wouldve transitioned to 205.

pretty sure rockhold would beat khabib . pretty big size difference.

That's not the question.
Rockhold has already admitted "he plays with lightweights ... but I don't play with Khabib" ... as the two have sparred many times.
If Khabib were the same size, Rockhold loses.

But the question isn't even "who would win a fight between the two" ... the question is, "Who has the better ground/topgame" FOR THEIR RESPECTIVE WEIGHT CLASSES.

The answer is obviously Khabib. Rockhold is a multi-loser; Khabib is a multi-world champion who never lost.
The most important part of any ground game is being able to get it there ... followed by being able to keep it there ... and Khabib does both of these better than anyone in any weight class.

Last edited:
Khabibs a much better wrestler but once Rockhold is on top of you you usually aren't getting back up.

as an overall grappler khabib is far better ( better wrestling, better judo etc ) but if we count only top control, I got rockhold, his top control is the best I have seen in the entire ufc, it is really elite, such a shame rockhold couldn't improve his takedowns like khabib, he could've been unstoppable ( with a better boxing defense too of course )

Rockhold has a much more dangerous top game. Khabib's finishes mostly rely on his opponent giving up their back. Rockhold can just maul BJJ black belts from top position and finish them with strikes.

If Luke had a chin he'd be really fucking good

He's become the bigger version of Garbrandt....puts himself in terrible situations when he has the skill and length/dexterity to stick and move
Even Overeem isn't too arrogant to realize he needs to work around his deficiencies. Yet Rockhold is always out there with his hands down getting lit up by guys he should be destroying on the ground.

I don't know if Khabib's style is "top game" per se... he has that weird ride he does but he's not in there passing guard and subbing you. Let's just say in a pure grapping match I'd be much more worried about getting tapped by Rockhold than Khabib.

Back