MMA in 30 years... What if?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
I hate to say this but I honestly could see it disappearing completely.

This is a very young sport and were just starting to see the aftermath of some long careers...

Look at Hughes, Penn, Miller and even some other guys who are complete lost causes due to brain damage and who end up doing awful things and even in prison outside of the octogan. Look at how Nate can't even string together 2 sentences.

In a couple decades I could see a plethora of guys with holes on their skulls, handicapped, convicts, with extreme mental issues and a flood of Conor wannabes in the sport until ESPN cuts all ties with the ufc, the masses are completely disgusted, Dana is long gone and there's just no juice left worth the squeeze, unmarketable ...

I'm just saying,
Its not like the admired legends of NBA like Kareem and Russell who have some knee issues in their 70s. The legends of mma are going to be dudes who are seriously fucked up and most won't admire them or the sport anymore...

Ma bad ...just a thought

Last edited:
Really gutsy to make a prediction of something happening 30 years from now. Makes a real great thread topic, too. :rolleyes:

What a hot take, thanks for nothing

Nate could never string 2 sentences together and Hughes got run over by a train . Miller was always a mental case

ufc borrowing 600 milions to pay debt isn't good signal. the sport isn't evolving. THe HW is deader than ever, Mark Hunt is probably next for the title.

"hole in skull"?
366214A200000578-0-image-a-6_1468842215145.jpg

Omg MMA disappearing the horror, how will we go on

Boxing did it before and is still there even with boxer dying because of a fight so dont really worry about that

ufc borrowing 600 milions to pay debt isn't good signal. the sport isn't evolving. THe HW is deader than ever, Mark Hunt is probably next for the title.

I'm saying bro!
BTW hespect again on the av bet dawg, your payouts done.

It would be unwatchable anyways. Look how much it's digressed in 7 years, men that can't fight and women in general have found a way in. With everyone being offended and wanting equality only for their benefit, there will be amputee children's division by 2025 and you'll have to pay $10 per fight. Some of you morons would still do it.

Those guys would be fuckrd up with or without MMA

Too much skills, it already started to be incomprehensible for most fans. Takedown defense is getting really good, wall work is getting pretty good, striking defense is starting to get very good also.

The golden era of MMA was full of flat footed KOs, efficient ground and pound, BJJ guys submitting clueless wrestlers...

In 30 years, I see most fights being super technical and only a select few will appreciate it. Pretty much like boxing, it will become a niche sport, where I think it belongs.

Too much skills, it already started to be incomprehensible for most fans. Takedown defense is getting really good, wall work is getting pretty good, striking defense is starting to get very good also.

The golden era of MMA was full of flat footed KOs, efficient ground and pound, BJJ guys submitting clueless wrestlers...

In 30 years, I see most fights being super technical and only a select few will appreciate it. Pretty much like boxing, it will become a niche sport, where I think it belongs.

Thanks for your input. Thats an interesting perspective. At that point not enough people would watch it for it to even exist. Inflation will already require higher pay in 30 years.

You can't expect more pay for less excitement. The masses will be gone and our streaming asses won't keep it going.

How many sports have just vanished?
I can think of none.

my dream is to train fighters at that point so hopefully you're wrong

But I've said more than once how we gotta soak this up while it's here. It might not be for long in this pussy ass society

I doubt it, they tried this with boxing years ago saying how it should be banned etc.. but it never was and I doubt MMA will be either, man they even tried it with wrestling so this seems to come with anything like this.

Besides people keep saying about the sport declining but that's such a misconception, I don't know what the general vibe and growth is in the US but internationally it's absolutely growing massively now reaching more demographics and having more exposure too, it's growing fast and there's no doubt about that at all.

More gyms and schools are opening now too for MMA so that's another reason why it's going to continue to grow as more people are getting into it and training for it including the next generations.

It'll still be around, I'm sure.

Back