2019 Luke Rockhold

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
Rockhold tried to better his career by going to 205, only to see that he can't take down a gatekeeper in Jan and got his jaw broken in return. He is probably having to deal with hard trauma and depression and wants to kill himself as we speak. 205 is obviously not for him, cause a gatekeeper easily overpowered him and KOd him. Why not go back to 185? The division is weak:

Champ Bobby
-Competitive fight

1 Israel Adesanya
-Competitive fight

2 Paulo Costa
-bad fight

3 Yoel Romero
-bad fight

4 Kelvin Gastelum
bad fight

5 Jack Hermansson
easy fight

6 Ronaldo Souza
easy fight

7 Chris Weidman
easy fight

8 Derek Brunson
easy fight

9 Jared Cannonier
easy fight

10 Ian Heinisch
easy fight

As long as he stays out of the top5, he is good to go. And Romero is going to retire any time now, so one killer less. Luke can fight at least 5 top 10 fighter and win. That is not so bad now is it?

You are wrong TS. Rockhold isn't as good as you or some others think he is. I don't know why it is so hard to accept. I'll make a thread about it soon.

He will fight Corey Anderson after he loses to Honny Walker and win easily.

5 6 7 and even 9 are not easy fights for him

Rockhold tried to better his career by going to 205, only to see that he can't take down a gatekeeper in Jan and got his jaw broken in return. He is probably having to deal with hard trauma and depression and wants to kill himself as we speak. 205 is obviously not for him, cause a gatekeeper easily overpowered him and KOd him. Why not go back to 185? The division is weak:

Champ Bobby
-Competitive fight

1 Israel Adesanya
-Competitive fight

2 Paulo Costa
-bad fight

3 Yoel Romero
-bad fight

4 Kelvin Gastelum
bad fight

5 Jack Hermansson
easy fight

6 Ronaldo Souza
easy fight

7 Chris Weidman
easy fight

8 Derek Brunson
easy fight

9 Jared Cannonier
easy fight

10 Ian Heinisch
easy fight

As long as he stays out of the top5, he is good to go. And Romero is going to retire any time now, so one killer less. Luke can fight at least 5 top 10 fighter and win. That is not so bad now is it?
At this point I have Luke winning 3 out of the current top 10 at MW. That's me being generous. He's done. He might win a fight here and there but that's it. Guys are training and getting better every day. Luke is going the other way and it's happening fast. Luke vs Weidman is interesting. Weidman might have a chance to get revenge. Luke is declining faster than Weidman is. Souza would KO Luke, it would be similar to the Weidman fight.

Jan is not a gatekeeper. He could arguably be the #1 contender right now.

The Jacare fight doesnt make much sense, but FTR I hope Jacare subs him.

Stopped reading when you said Luke would have a competitive fight against either of Whittaker or Adesanya. His chin is done mate. I'm not sure about his chances against Cannonier considering the power that guy's bringing let alone the upper echelons of 185. Incidentally how do you figure Weidman's an easy out for him? It was a close fight the first time until Weidman attempted perhaps the worst kick in history. Wouldn't favour him over Jacare either.

If a fighter is going to primarily keep fights on the feet, and at range, fundamental boxing defense is absolutely imperative. Otherwise they are a ticking time bomb.

That and I’ll refer to a quote by Kenny Florian “It’s hard to get up at 5am to train, when you’re sleeping in satin sheets.”

Easy fights dont exist with a suspect chin.

Those knee injuries ruined his kicks and he's too easy to neutralize now for him to take you to the ground. Plus, the weight cut is brutal. And Hermansson, Jacare, Weidman and Cannonier would not be easy fights at all. Brunson would be harder than you think as well and Israel & Whittaker would do a murder to Rockhold's skin.

That said, Jacare and Weidman are now at LHW, Romero seems be at the end of his rope as well, Branch just got booted, too, so the path to the title has thinned out... Maybe Andy Silva fight makes sens at this point, if he's coming back to MW?

I still think he should just make as much money as he can modeling and quit this body wrecking shit. The heart wants what the heart wants - the guy's a competitor, so easy for me to say, but he already climbed the mountain and won't be hot forever either. Just take more pictures. Then find something else to do. Look at Bisping - he's got businesses up the ass, acts in movies, does reality shows and podcasts, commentates, raises a family. Heck, look at DC, your bud - same thing, except he does less of the entertainment stuff and more of community benefiting stuff, trains kids and shit.

He is probably having to deal with hard trauma and depression and wants to kill himself as we speak.

Sounds like this is what YOU want him to be doing. Luke looks like he's living his best life being a ralph lauren model, banging hot chicks and traveling the world.

Never got the luke hate honestly.

Sounds like this is what YOU want him to be doing. Luke looks like he's living his best life being a ralph lauren model, banging hot chicks and traveling the world.

Never got the luke hate honestly.
Luke doesn't get hate from guys like @Hirashin

Stopped reading when you said Luke would have a competitive fight against either of Whittaker or Adesanya. His chin is done mate. I'm not sure about his chances against Cannonier considering the power that guy's bringing let alone the upper echelons of 185. Incidentally how do you figure Weidman's an easy out for him? It was a close fight the first time until Weidman attempted perhaps the worst kick in history. Wouldn't favour him over Jacare either.

Bob and izzy don't hit hard, so it will be competitive, I didn't say Luke would win. But for all we know Bobby might be glass canon now after the 2 wars, we will find out soon.

Easy fights dont exist with a suspect chin.

Luke is an excellent grappler.

Those knee injuries ruined his kicks and he's too easy to neutralize now for him to take you to the ground. Plus, the weight cut is brutal. And Hermansson, Jacare, Weidman and Cannonier would not be easy fights at all. Brunson would be harder than you think as well and Israel & Whittaker would do a murder to Rockhold's skin.

That said, Jacare and Weidman are now at LHW, Romero seems be at the end of his rope as well, Branch just got booted, too, so the path to the title has thinned out... Maybe Andy Silva fight makes sens at this point, if he's coming back to MW?

I still think he should just make as much money as he can modeling and quit this body wrecking shit. The heart wants what the heart wants - the guy's a competitor, so easy for me to say, but he already climbed the mountain and won't be hot forever either. Just take more pictures. Then find something else to do. Look at Bisping - he's got businesses up the ass, acts in movies, does reality shows and podcasts, commentates, raises a family. Heck, look at DC, your bud - same thing, except he does less of the entertainment stuff and more of community benefiting stuff, trains kids and shit.

Actually fight with Anderson really makes sense, cause both of them have degraded a lot. Anderson is barely top 15 at this point, but both are huge names. Like it!

Bob and izzy don't hit hard, so it will be competitive, I didn't say Luke would win. But for all we know Bobby might be glass canon now after the 2 wars, we will find out soon.

Luke is an excellent grappler.

Actually fight with Anderson really makes sense, cause both of them have degraded a lot. Anderson is barely top 15 at this point, but both are huge names. Like it!
Lol come on man don't make me laugh. You're worried about Whittaker being a glass cannon against the guy who in the last 3 years is 1-3 with all losses coming via brutal knockout? He got stiffened by Bisping. Whittaker would dismantle him with nigh on contemptuous ease.

Champ Bobby
-Competitive fight

1 Israel Adesanya
-Competitive fight

2 Paulo Costa
-bad fight

3 Yoel Romero
-bad fight

4 Kelvin Gastelum
bad fight

5 Jack Hermansson
easy fight

6 Ronaldo Souza
easy fight

7 Chris Weidman
easy fight

8 Derek Brunson
easy fight

9 Jared Cannonier
easy fight

10 Ian Heinisch
easy fight

2019 Rockhold gets KTFO by almost everyone in the top 10 right now.
Dude completely gave up on movement and keeping his hands up.
I'll enjoy every second of watching the cocky prick get his just desserts.

... Bobby might be glass canon now after the 2 wars, we will find out soon.
That's definitely a question I'm looking forward to being answered.
Lol come on man don't make me laugh. You're worried about Whittaker being a glass cannon against the guy who in the last 3 years is 1-3 with all losses coming via brutal knockout? He got stiffened by Bisping. Whittaker would dismantle him with nigh on contemptuous ease.
Whittaker beats Rockhold (who's had his own knee and staph issues on top of in ring damage), but Romero 1 was a damaging fight and left Bobby with a busted knee. Then he had that awful staph infection in his stomach before the Luke fight he eventually pulled out of. Then he came back for a Romero 2 beating - nothing but damage in every round. All of that before the hernia surgery.

The kid has amounted a ton of damage in a short period of time, he might not be as durable as he was before. I still think he'll look great and pull it off, but it's not unreasonable to suspect he could be a bit of a glass cannon at this point. It's a question that I need to see answered in the ring, not on message boards via hopeful guessing.

Last edited:
Rokhole should move up to hw and fight Hardy.

Back