How much did Cerrone get paid to get destroyed by Gaethje? How much longer does he have?

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
He just got stopped brutally twice in a row, is it really worth it anymore? I know he is doing what he loves, but he surely will have some kind of TBI. I think he regularly makes 100-200k per fight, but he has zero money management with all of his trucks, land, boats, and just his wild lifestyle. I don't know how he is going to survive in his later years, which is a shame. He is the most active fighter ever and is loved by the fans, but I haven't seen too many investments or planning for the future.

If I were him, I would go on the senior circuit and start taking fights like Jim Miller, Diego Sanchez, Clay Guida, Joe Lauzon etc. Anyone in the top 5 most likely beats him badly. At this point of his career, he has little to no chance of winning the title, so he should start saving up for retirement.

Pretty sure I read Cowboy's grandparents were rich and he still has an untouched trust fund. He's just getting beaten up for fun.

Mystic Lockard predicted before the Tony fight that he only had three fights left in him and that he would lose all three. Ferguson and Gaethje make two, so who's next? I say throw Poirier at him next and give Dustin an easy rebound win

Mystic Lockard predicted before the Tony fight that he only had three fights left in him and that he would lose all three. Ferguson and Gaethje make two, so who's next? I say throw Poirier at him next and give Dustin an easy rebound win

You'd have to assume Dana extends his contract to keep him out of Bellator so theyll give him a gimme fight next

Pretty sure I read Cowboy's grandparents were rich and he still has an untouched trust fund. He's just getting beaten up for fun.

Interesting. I think a lot of fighters come from relatively stable backgrounds. Poor people can't afford nor have the time to train extensively. BJ Penn, Sage Northcutt, Gracies, etc

6 KO/TKO losses, all in the last 6 years of his 13 year career. Agreed, damage is something he should watch out for. Right now he’s useful to the UFC like Arlovski was for awhile; a big-name stepping stone for contenders to get title shots off of.

IRS can't wait to get their hands on that trust fund.

Interesting. I think a lot of fighters come from relatively stable backgrounds. Poor people can't afford nor have the time to train extensively. BJ Penn, Sage Northcutt, Gracies, etc
I don't know that I subscribe to this. For as many rich boys who fought, there's just as many if not more poor guys who came from nothing and had nothing else but to try and make it. Normally they have to work jobs while training up to a certain point but lots of guys who came from nothing to be fighters.

They need to just leave cowboy as a gatekeeper and not give him high level guys. Let him beat up rick storys.

I believe you are right .no way he built his training facility with the fight money he was making at the time .There is a reason a lot of MMA fightersived with cowboy

The guy just loves to fight

I believe you are right .no way he built his training facility with the fight money he was making at the time .There is a reason a lot of MMA fightersived with cowboy

Watch the YouTube video about his ranch. He says his grandpa drove from Colorado to New Mexico with a bag of cash and bought the property straight up when Cerrone said he wanted it.

Or loves the attention...He could be focusing on his family....I never heard this trust ...rich grandparent thing....makes him look bad imo....

His grandfather bought him his ranch, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Fightersived?

Doing what you love is always worth it no matter what.

Fightersived?
Marshall-3-marshall-eriksen-30949290-245-160.gif

{<shrug}

Back