Do Usman/Colby add any value for the UFC?

ArmenianAssasin

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Looks like Colby and Usman are both completely overplaying their hands

both are quite boring and neither one has much drawing power and in fact may be negatives for the division -- I personally have 0 interest in watching Usman fight

I know its not going to happen but as a fan in a sheer entertainment standup -- it would be ideal

Mas/Diaz could fight for the interim and would be a huge star/draw for the UFC and put on amazing fights for the fans

If you eliminate them from the remove it really becomes a competitive with lots of really good competitive matchups (assuming Woodley retires/fades away)
Masvidal
Diaz
Edwards
Ponz
Lawler
RDA
Wonderboy
Luque
Pettis

I'd rather watch either of them than Wonderboy that's for sure

Colby has brought millions of MAGA fans to the UFC

Masvidal - not that young, and might revert to the previous pussy Masvidal anytime

Diaz - who knows when he will fight again after Masvidal, or how long he'll remain in 170 since he's obviously undersized in that division

Edwards - more boring than Colby or Usman. Worse personality too

Ponz - fights once a year

Lawler - probably should retire

RDA - gatekeeper

Wonderboy - gatekeeper

Luque - overrated and probably won't get far in the rankings

Pettis - gatekeeper

Masvidal - not that young, and might revert to the previous pussy Masvidal anytime

Diaz - who knows when he will fight again after Masvidal, or how long he'll remain in 170 since he's obviously undersized in that division

Edwards - more boring than Colby or Usman. Worse personality too

Ponz - fights once a year

Lawler - probably should retire

RDA - gatekeeper

Wonderboy - gatekeeper

Luque - overrated and probably won't get far in the rankings

Pettis - gatekeeper

Great summation of a shit division.

Dont forget Erick Silva 2.0 aka Gunnar Nelson, gotta point that guy out.

Of course. Having the best fighters in the division is one of their main selling points. If they got rid of the top 2 in the division their next champ would be looked at as a joke.

From a purely professional standpoint, they absolutely add credibility to the UFC considering that their two of the very best welterweights right now. From a fan's point of view, it would depend on who you ask, I personally love to see both fight, moreso than guys like Edwards or Wonderboy and even Maia, but I can understand why people would be turned off by them.

If you want to talk purely business, then I'd say that Usman does have some value thanks to his nigerian roots, and Colby's schtick may pay off someday. Welterweight is just not star studded right now.

A combined record of 20-1 in the UFC...

Both Usman & Covington do add value if the UFC wants to claim having the best fighters in the world.

If anything wrestling and grappling should be banned in the UFC since people only wanna see striking only.

both are quite boring and neither one has much drawing power and in fact may be negatives for the division -- I personally have 0 interest in watching Usman fight

I know its not going to happen but as a fan in a sheer entertainment standup -- it would be ideal

Mas/Diaz could fight for the interim and would be a huge star/draw for the UFC and put on amazing fights for the fans

If you eliminate them from the remove it really becomes a competitive with lots of really good competitive matchups (assuming Woodley retires/fades away)
Masvidal
Diaz
Edwards
Ponz
Lawler
RDA
Wonderboy
Luque
Pettis
Here is the real deal....You have to look at this S as a soap opera...Yes...You're involved weather you like it or not by the simple fact that you're here...
I'll finish later because nobody wants to hear it anyway...

Woodley vs any of those fighters except WB and maybe Edwards would be an exciting matchup

If the company got behind Colby, he could be one of the biggest stars in the sport. Usman, however, brings nothing to the table.

What value exactly? if we're talking about monetary, then no, they're not attracting anyone who isn't already a fan of the sport. Colby has bad gimmick that could cause PR nightmare if UFC goes public, Usman is too vanilla. Colby is a great fighter but he needs to tone down his antics. One thing that Chael seems oblivious when defending Colby is that not every heat is a good heat. Colby has a go-away heat and that's not good for business. Usman is just too boring + both of them are hard to deal with. The division will stays the same if both of them get cut, nothing to gain if both of them stay, nothing to lose if they're out of the promotion.

Masvidal
Diaz
Edwards
Ponz
Lawler
RDA
Wonderboy
Luque
Pettis
Posts like this argue against the sports part of the UFC.

No shits given for TS, but I would like Askren vs Covington, whatever the result of Maia vs Askren.
Askren is obviously the better wrestler, but that kid who calls the cops constantly has endless cardio, almost suspect of PEDs, whereas Askren looks softer than Velasquez (not really, but you do catch my drift).

usman needs at least 3 more wins against diaz,masvidal and colby to get people's attention
colby is gaining momentum with his trash talk but that's it, and people don't see anything special about him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back