Reaction score
Johnson
Cejudo
Benavidez
No doubts.

Cruz
Dillashaw
Barao
I don't know about it. Just my opinion based on resume, years in fight game, skills and even Usada.

Aldo
Holloway
McGregor
Easy one, if Holloway can beat Volkanovski then I think he can become no 1.

Nurmagomedov
Ferguson
Dos Anjos
I think Khabib vs Tony is a fight for no 1 lw of all times. RDA had shorter but more impressive run than Benson IMO.

GSP
Hughes
Woodley
Its close between Woodley and Hughes isnt it?

Silva
Rockhold
Weidman
Its hard to chose no 2 and no 3. You can even add Franklin.

Jones
DC
Liddell.
I think Im right about it. Respect for DC for legacy at 205. He is a natural heavyweight.

Stipe
DC
Werdum
I dont now about Cain, Fedor or Overeem...

Whats your opinion. What would you changee in my ranking?

How do you not have Yoel in your 185 list...? He has finished both Rockhold and Weidman. And Fedor should be somewhere in the top 3 goats of HW.

Once you got to 185, shit started to get ridiculous from there.

Dos Anjos over BJ at lightweight makes it seem like you posted this from the short bus

and Tony hasn't even had a title shot yet

How do you not have Yoel in your 185 list...? He has finished both Rockhold and Weidman. And Fedor should be somewhere in the top 3 goats of HW.

Maybe you right about Fedor. I consider him top 4hw. He definitely was a pride king. Its hard to make ranking for HW.
Romero finished Weidman and Rockhold but he never won the belt. Weidman defended few times besting Brazilian Legends and Gastelum. Rockhold had few title defenses in Strikeforce.

Dos Anjos over BJ at lightweight makes it seem like you posted this from the short bus

and Tony hasn't even had a title shot yet

For me both Ferguson and Khabib have 2 title defenses. Same colby have 1 title defense.
But you are probably right about BJ Penn over RDA or Benson. The thing with guys like Penn, Hendo or Couture is that they won belts in both divisions.

Based off of actual accomplishments, and not made up bullshit like "this guy would beat that guy in a hypothetical fight that never happened":

Fedor/Nogueira/Werdum
Jones/Shogun/Rampage
Anderson/Weidman/Hendo
GSP/Hughes/Woodley
Frankie/BJ/Benson
Aldo/Holloway/Faber
Cruz/Dillashaw/Barao

If DC stuck to a single division he'd probably make one of these lists but if you isolate his HW ranked wins alone they're not very impressive, and if you isolate his LHW ranked wins alone they're not very impressive.

If Khabib beats Tony he'll crack the LW list and probably skyrocket to #1.

Last edited:
Maybe you right about Fedor. I consider him top 4hw. He definitely was a pride king. Its hard to make ranking for HW.
HW is literally the easiest to rank. Fedor was the #1 HW for 7 years straight. DC was the #1 HW for 1 year. Sounds easy lol

GOAT is an acronym for Greatest Of All Time. Consequently by definition, there is no such a thing as a "top 3 GOATs by division."

Strictly speaking, a GOAT can only most legitimately be a HW. In my opinion, MMA thus far has not had a HW that I would consider to be a GOAT. Fedor fought a bunch of Bullshido masters in a ring, but when it was time to face better competition inside the cage, he was finished by a MW. His cage record is atrocious.

However, we can argue p4p GOAT to extrapolate for lower weight fighters who can never physiologically grow to be HWs. On this list, it looks Khabib Nurmagomedov is the front runner.

145 - Max
155 - Khabib
170 - GSP
185 - Bisping
205 - Jones
HW - Stipe

125; Mighty Johnson, Joe B, Cejudo
135; Cruz, TJ, Barao
145; Aldo, Max, Faber (could arguably be swapped with Mcgregor or Brown)
155; Penn, Edgar, Khabib
170; St.pierre, Woodley, Hughes
185; Silva, Henderson, Mousasi (could easily be swapped with Weidman)
205; Jones, Shogun, Cormier (could easily be swapped with Jackson)
Hvy; Fedor, Stipe, Werdum (could arguably be swapped with Big Nog)

Based off of actual accomplishments, and not made up bullshit like "this guy would beat that guy in a hypothetical fight that never happened":

Fedor/Nogueira/Werdum
Jones/Shogun/Rampage
Anderson/Weidman/Hendo
GSP/Hughes/Woodley
Frankie/BJ/Benson
Aldo/Holloway/Faber
Cruz/Dillashaw/Barao

If DC stuck to a single division he'd probably make one of these lists but if you isolate his HW ranked wins alone they're not very impressive, and if you isolate his LHW ranked wins alone they're not very impressive.

If Khabib beats Tony he'll crack the LW list.
Conor over Faber

Conor over Faber
Conor has a grand total of 3 ranked FW wins in his career.
Faber has 6 FW belts as the #1 ranked FW lol

I realize most people didn't watch the division at the time but you can't take Faber accomplishments away from him. He was the #1 FW for a very long time.

Last edited:
How would someone consider Ferguson win over Pettis a title defense WTF

How would someone consider Ferguson win over Pettis a title defense WTF
In crazy world Tony won a championship by defeating #7 ranked Kevin Lee, meanwhile Khabib defeated the previous UFC LW champion and #2 ranked Conor McGregor.

125 - Johnson, Cejudo, Benavidez
135 - Cruz, Torres, Barao
145 - Max, Conor, Freire
155 - Tony, Edgar, Gomi
170 - GSP, Colby, Shields
185 - Franklin, Weidman, Bisping
205 - Tito, Shogun, Wanderlei
HW - Randy, Velasquez, Nogueira

Back