News Makwan Amirkhani vs. Shane Burgos set for UFC 244 in NY

Danis_champ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Woooot, Mr.Finland finally fighting more than once a year

That's another great fight for an already stacked card!

It's 244 though!

Fantastic fight!
Makwan has the wrestling pedigree to be the Khabib of 145. I see him studying Khabib's fights on social media a lot, he's a problem for anyone in that division when it hits the floor.
He looked great in his last fight earlier this year. Implemented his grappling prowess and got the finish.
SimpleContentLeafcutterant-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

The Jason Knight fight was not a good representation of his skills, even tho he won it.
Irish Edmund told Makwan not too wrestle at all in the first round and start wrestling in the second, idiotic strategy.
There's a reason Khabib went for a takedown on Conor within 15 seconds, Conor was done after that, his arms were dead. That's how wrestlers should approach MMA.

UFC 244 is stacked!
<Goldie11><Goldie11>

Last edited:
Good scrap, nice to see Makwan actually fighting more than once a year.

hopefully burgos boxes this dork up, can't remember if his TDD is that good but if it stays on the feet he'll embarrass makwan.

Glad to see that its announced now, Makwan had been mentioning that he would be on the MSG card on Instagram.

Hope he can win impressively. I remember a few years ago when he debuted and TKO'd Faber's boy Andy Ogle with a flying knee 8 seconds into the fight. It was an awesome way for Makwan to start his UFC career.

makwan's stand up is very amateurish.obviously he has some skills but i dont see him being a top 5 ever,or even top 10.

Can't stand Makwan. Hoping for many brutal losses in his future.

Makwan is a fantastic grappler but his chin and striking defence sucks. If Burgos can keep it standing for a round he should finish Makwan by strikes

More like Mr. Iran dude wasn't even born in Finland.

Lol always morons posting this same shit in Makwan threads. The nickname is ment as a joke since he entered a beauty pageant for fun, won it and became 'Mr Finland'. Also he has been raised and forged in that country, so who gives a shit?

giphy.gif

Hopefully we can get Gregor or Kevin Lee on this card, this fight is aight, but one more fight added, and I'm gone.

the best 'finland' has to offer is an arab featherweight..

giphy.gif

Beat Cub Swanson and get rewarded with someone that struggled against Hick Diaz.

Burgos takes this easily

More like Mr. Iran dude wasn't even born in Finland.

Guess people have a sense of allegiance and belonging to the places where they've spent their formative years. Who woulda thought...

That is a solid scrap. Figured Burgos would get Fili or someone else.

Dafawq is Fili?

Back