So, how exactly did Zabit pull it off?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
I've been wondering how Zabit actually pulled this off..

He pulled out of UFC Boston (Oct.18th) for "undisclosed reasons" and said "but I'm good to go for UFC Moscow (Nov. 9th)" which is basically only 3 weeks apart from the Boston card so he couldn't of said he's injured but will be good to go 3 weeks after that...

Does Zabit have some leverage with the UFC that we're unaware of?

Is this a Dagestani thing? Maybe Khabib has so much skin in the game nowadays that he tells Dana what happens with his brothers and Pink Goof has to oblige?

Plus,
This fight and having Kattar as a hometown hero on this card was fucking HUGE for them.

Sherbros, can any of you shed some light on this?

This is Jon Jones level fuckery with the switching here...

Last edited:
It's very possible 3 weeks can be the difference if he is recovering from something. Wouldn't rule it out.

He is also the A side so Kattar doesn't really have a say.

I've been wondering how Zabit actually pulled this off..

He pulled out of UFC Boston (Oct.18th) for "undisclosed reasons" and said "but I'm good to go for UFC Moscow (Nov. 9th)" which is basically only 3 weeks apart from the Boston card so he couldn't of said he's injured but will be good to go 3 weeks after that...

Does Zabit have some leverage with the UFC that we're unaware of?

Is this a Dagestani thing? Maybe Khabib has so much skin in the game nowadays that he tells Dana what happens with his brothers and Pink Goof has to oblige?

Sherbros, can any of you shed some light on this?

This is Jon Jones level fuckery with the switching here...

it could all be some bullshit where the ufc just wants to have him on the moscow card. as far as i know theres been nothing actually from zabit himself and the new date was pretty much announced by his opponent. smells like #1 bullshit

Uhmmm, he is more popular in Russia so it was a normal move from UFC?

Happy to answer these questions that are hauting your mind, man.

He did the egghead a favour by even fighting Kattar so he might have cut him some slack

It's very possible 3 weeks can be the difference if he is recovering from something. Wouldn't rule it out.

He is also the A side so Kattar doesn't really have a say.

Sure but
1- That wouldn't of been undisclosed
And
2- The UFC needed that fight for the Boston card. They needed Kattar as another Hometown hero on that card. Makes no sense how they are perfectly fine with this.

Dana probably took notice of how big a deal Khabib beating Dustin was in Russia and wanted to move his other Russian star to the card. Kattar would have beem good for Boston, but Dana is more concerned with pleasing Russia as a whole than Boston.

Dana probably took notice of how big a deal Khabib beating Dustin was in Russia and wanted to move his other Russian star to the card. Kattar would have beem good for Boston, but Dana is more concerned with pleasing Russia as a whole than Boston.

Good point.
Dana's balls deep in these foreign markets nowadays.

Zabit never actually pulled put, the rumors came that the fight is off but no official response yet from the UFC.

Looks like they moved the fight for demographic reasons

Moscow card is now looking pretty good... Boston card needs a boost. I wouldn't be surprised if Zabit decides he can't make the Moscow card either

I think khabib cavorting with one of the most powerful men in the world, probably has some clout.
The Russian President (Vladamir Putin) is a keen follower of MMA. If I remember correctly his favourite fighter was/is Fedor Emilienko. But Khabib seems to get a personal invite to the Kremlin for a one to one with Putin every time he visits Moscow (he might well be his new No:1). His last meeting with Putin, had Putin discus his entire fight with Poirier.
Unlike that useless overweight lump of lard racist Donald Trump, who can barely muster enough energy to pick up golf que, Putin is a 5th degree black belt in Judo and also has a Karate background. So he definitely knows his stuff.

Most likely a visa issue or the UFC switching cards up trying to stack th Russia card.

Moscow card is now looking pretty good... Boston card needs a boost. I wouldn't be surprised if Zabit decides he can't make the Moscow card either

Moscow card is
JDS
Zabit
Magomed
Shamil
?
Anyone else?
Doesn't look that good to me

Hopefully in a different manner than Randy Couture pulled it off.

Finally some logic

Back