Was Cyborg genuinely scared of Nunes? Or did she quit the UFC due to abuse? (Poll)

Is Cyborg ducking Nunes?

• Total voters

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cyborg reigned on top of the WMMA world for a very long time.

She had no match, and no one even came close to threatening her in any way really.

Then Amanda Nunes went up in weight class and burried Cyborg with ease.

Cyborg didn't look good in her rebound fight against some soccer mom. Yes, she won easily, but also got busted on her head and couldn't finish someone who didn't belong in there with her.

Cyborg then posted some old videos to make noise about mistreated... keyword, OLD News. That was before the UFC even signed her.
Not defending what Dana White and Joe Rogan said and did... but Cyborg's team seem to have manipulated their way into getting out of contract.

What was the reason behind Cyborg's sudden move? Was she genuinely scared of rematching Nunes? Or was she justifiable in suddenly wanting out of the UFC?

I find it weird that the instant Cyborg had competition for the first time in her career, she bounced to a different organization. What say you sherbros?

Fighters being scared is laughable. They just want to get paid.

She wanted to get paid by quitting the premier organization?

UFC isn't always paying the highest. Maybe to their top draws but definitely not all.

I'll say she left because of the bullshit in UFC. Reason why some fighters hasn't and doesn't want to fight in UFC. UFC might be the biggest stage in MMA but not everyone wants to take shit just to fight there.

Yeah she wants to go back to fight cans and soccer moms for big bucks

I don't see why Bellator would pay her more than the UFC. Her stock has gone down and she's not even a fan favourite. Bellator can't even promote Julia Budd, their own champion.

Dana said he's open to do a one fight deal with her and she could fight Amanda but she went quiet

I don't see why Bellator would pay her more than the UFC. Her stock has gone down and she's not even a fan favourite. Bellator can't even promote Julia Budd, their own champion.
big difference between Budd boring ass and Cyborg, also one is a big name, the other is not

Did you say the same thing with Rory or Bader?
Bellator will pay a few UFC rejects more money, they need a few 'stars'.

It's called career decisions

She has better chacne being a champ in bellator, and will probably make more money as a champ in Bellator than as a contender in the UFC

Did you say the same thing with Rory or Bader?
Bellator will pay a few UFC rejects more money, they need a few 'stars'.

No because Rory and Bader will bring a lot of attention and validity to their respective weight classes. Cyborg's weight division barely exists in the whole of MMA.

I don't see the upside of paying Cyborg big bucks. Wasteland division in WMMA, she's an aging fighter and people still talk about her popping for steroids.

UFC isn't always paying the highest. Maybe to their top draws but definitely not all.

I'll say she left because of the bullshit in UFC. Reason why some fighters hasn't and doesn't want to fight in UFC. UFC might be the biggest stage in MMA but not everyone wants to take shit just to fight there.

Agree, Rory Mac is just one example of a top tier ufc talent who is making more in bellator. He got paid squat for that second Lawler fight compared to what he gets now.

I suspect it's a combination of all the public spat and probably wanting more money to rematch Nunes. Probably scored a sweet deal over in bellator

Dana said he's open to do a one fight deal with her and she could fight Amanda but she went quiet

Don't remember that

Regardless, whether or not she made a dumb decision, I highly doubt she was scared of Nunes.

I think we need to define scared. Most people are going to assume you mean scared of getting her ass best, which I don’t think she is scared of one bit. Now scared of what that does to her in her earning potential and he rankings and her legacy... yeah she might be

Cyborg did start talking about not wanting brain damage, something she didn't do before Nunes knocked her silly. So even if she's not totally ducking Nunes, she's still showing hesitation about calling out Nunes for a fight.

Back