How many PPV buys do you think Masvidal vs Diaz Pulls?

PPV Buys?

• Total voters

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Curious to see what you guys think. I honestly believe it will be somewhere between 800k-1m buys maximum... Many are overestimating masvidals rise in popularity to be honest. The 5 second ko propelled him for sure but his record doesn't really help to get fans behind him like they did with Conor when he was on a streak at 145.

Same thing with Diaz, he was most popular when fighting Mcgregor and its been 3 years since his last fight, im sure a lot of the casuals who tuned in before moved on, especially with Khabib on the scene. It will be real shame for the ufc if it doesn't reach at least 600k buys and theres a chance it might not, especially since there aren't a lot of big names on it. I love masvidal and diaz both, but I personally wouldn't pay to watch the ppv unless it was at least more stacked or if they were actually ranked at the top fighting for a real belt. Don't hate me for saying this, but until they actually start beefing with each other or something, im more excited for the Gastelum vs Till fight.

Anyways heres the main fight card so far I believe:

Masvidal vs Diaz
Derrick Lewis vs Ivanov
Corey Anderson vs Johnny Walker
Kelvin vs Till
Stephen Thompson vs Vincente Luque

In this day and age, if it does more than 500k that would be remarkable. The espn deal has likely severely diminished buy rates due to accessibility and it being a paywall to a paywall.

I think Nate might be a bigger draw than most people give him credit for
It seems his return at UFC 241 done numbers
The UFC are doing whatever he asks
Got the fight he asked for
Getting the custom belt he asked for
Headlining one of the biggest cards of the year in a non-title fight

800K - 1M imo

ESPN PPV era? 250K-300K.

Dana will claim double whatever the number is tho.

No idea in the pay wall era with watered down cards. It will probably be in the top 5 of the year though if I had to guess

Curious to see what you guys think. I honestly believe it will be somewhere between 800k-1m buys maximum... Many are overestimating masvidals rise in popularity to be honest. The 5 second ko propelled him for sure but his record doesn't really help to get fans behind him like they did with Conor when he was on a streak at 145.

Same thing with Diaz, he was most popular when fighting Mcgregor and its been 3 years since his last fight, im sure a lot of the casuals who tuned in before moved on, especially with Khabib on the scene. It will be real shame for the ufc if it doesn't reach at least 600k buys and theres a chance it might not, especially since there aren't a lot of big names on it. I love masvidal and diaz both, but I personally wouldn't pay to watch the ppv unless it was at least more stacked or if they were actually ranked at the top fighting for a real belt. Don't hate me for saying this, but until they actually start beefing with each other or something, im more excited for the Gastelum vs Till fight.

Anyways heres the main fight card so far I believe:

Masvidal vs Diaz
Derrick Lewis vs Ivanov
Corey Anderson vs Johnny Walker
Kelvin vs Till
Stephen Thompson vs Vincente Luque
Beastin 25/8's drawing power will be proven here as he alone elevates this card to 1 million buys.

about 200,000 less without cable box availability

I hope over 800k, but anything over 500k with this new ESPN model would be an outstanding result.

The model changed with ESPN, but if you go by the old search numbers and shit, Nate's last PPV would've indicated 600k PPV buys. It did have the GOAT HW title on the line, though. And a Mr. Olympia showdown.

I doubt this hits more than 350k even by old standards. There just nothing on the line for anyone and the main event is kind of weak sauce.

ESPN PPV era? 250K-300K.

Dana will claim double whatever the number is tho.
Heres the thing though they get ti keep almost all of the ppv buy money as apposed to cable they only kept 45-50%

The model changed with ESPN, but if you go by the old search numbers and shit, Nate's last PPV would've indicated 600k PPV buys. It did have the GOAT HW title on the line, though. And a Mr. Olympia showdown.

I doubt this hits more than 350k even by old standards. There just nothing on the line for anyone and the main event is kind of weak sauce.

Honestly, if you are right and it sells only 350k, I will be laughing my ass off. If you guys checking out some recent news, dana out there trying to patent the BMF title and phrase lmao

Honestly, if you are right and it sells only 350k, I will be laughing my ass off. If you guys checking out some recent news, dana out there trying to patent the BMF title and phrase lmao
By the way, I don't see it as them being happy with Nate, it's just them trying to salvage a botched MSG card with whatever gimmicks they can unitize in time. MSG is supposed to be their crown jewel event, they'll work hard for it not to be an embarrassing failure.

Both have iron chins, Nate has pillow fists and Jorge is a perpetual quitter who takes rounds off and has 27 decisions in his career. That fight could also end up being a stinker and the worst on the card.

Back