Funny Meme RE: Pound-4-Pound Debate

Was that the ghost of Ben Askren? LMAO.

Look these aren't bad, but I just feel lately they have been Fallin off... And it's unfortunate cause so much effort is spent into making them only to be somewhat funny (not as funny as before). Needs better writing and better sound byte selection imho

The animation is so good but the humor is so bad...

I do like Blue Lips Conor, Crying Cormier, and the Ghost of Askren though. <45>

P4P is complete nonsense. The reality is Jon Jones would utterly thrash Khabib. It's like rewarding paralympians against regular Olympians.

P4P is complete nonsense. The reality is Jon Jones would utterly thrash Khabib. It's like rewarding paralympians against regular Olympians.
That's why it's Pound For Pound list. Not "The best fighter to win against any weight class". If u are too stupid to understand what P4P means, when get back to school. Maybe they teach u there some basics.

That's why it's Pound For Pound list. Not "The best fighter to win against any weight class". If u are too stupid to understand what P4P means, when get back to school. Maybe they teach u there some basics.

It's fantasy.

Thank you for clarifying the lunacy.

It is true the P4P list is fantasy of sorts. It is the attempt (in the mind's eye) to equalize the size disparity between combatants, imagine them competing an equal weight, and determining who is the actual best fighter, "pound-for-pound," proportionately.

Unlike the previous poster, I think Jon Jones is the worst of the possible candidates, since he is ridiculously oversized compared to most of his opponents. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think Henry Cejudo has a seriously-legitimate claim to the title, as does GSP.

Khabib really hasn't competed much above his weight class, but his dominance in his best weight class is so complete, it is easy to envision him competing favorably against most any welterweight above him. By contrast, I do not believe Tony Ferguson could really do much at welterweight. He is already too flimsy at Lightweight. He could never take a true welterweight's punch.

In closing, I firmly believe that a lean, shredded, 205 pound Khabib/GSP/Cejudo would beat the dog shit out of Jon Jones, if genetically as large as he is. Jones would not stand a snowball's chance in hell of beating any of these individuals, morphed-up to his size, in lean physical condition. IMO

It is true the P4P list is fantasy of sorts. It is the attempt (in the mind's eye) to equalize the size disparity between combatants, imagine them competing an equal weight, and determining who is the actual best fighter, "pound-for-pound," proportionately.

Unlike the previous poster, I think Jon Jones is the worst of the possible candidates, since he is ridiculously oversized compared to most of his opponents. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think Henry Cejudo has a seriously-legitimate claim to the title, as does GSP.

Khabib really hasn't competed much above his weight class, but his dominance in his best weight class is so complete, it is easy to envision him competing favorably against most any welterweight above him. By contrast, I do not believe Tony Ferguson could really do much at welterweight. He is already too flimsy at Lightweight. He could never take a true welterweight's punch.

In closing, I firmly believe that a lean, shredded, 205 pound Khabib/GSP/Cejudo would beat the dog shit out of Jon Jones, if genetically as large as he is. Jones would not stand a snowball's chance in hell of beating any of these individuals, morphed-up to his size, in lean physical condition. IMO
I think the idea of P4P is fine as long as we are talking about "realistic" weight classes, ie. I get a little bit uneasy when Cejudo is mentionned in a P4P discussion; an average 6ft dude who simply lifts would litterally murder him IRL. But since the majority of adult men fall inbetween the lightweight and the light heavyweight division; I don't really see it as a fantasy.

Khabib really hasn't competed much above his weight class, but his dominance in his best weight class is so complete, it is easy to envision him competing favorably against most any welterweight above him.

I think a lean, shredded, 205 pound Khabib/GSP/Cejudo would beat the dog shit out of Jon Jones. Jones would not stand a snowball's chance in hell of beating any of these individuals, morphed-up to his size, in lean physical condition. JMHO

People have this strange love for Jones you don't see with anyone else. The guy made his career by beating celebrity over the hill midgets coming in from Pride and defending his belt numerous times in a weak division on top of all that he had massive size advantage on almost everyone, needed to PED and eyepoke like a cunt, also tried to fuk up Glover's arm like the rat bastard that he is. With that said he arguably lost 2 fights, got the dog shit beaten out of him by Gus looking like a swollen cunt limping out the cage lol

I 100% agree you put GSP, Khabib, Cejudo and others the same size as Jones and they beat the dog shit out of him.

I think the idea of P4P is fine as long as we are talking about "realistic" weight classes, ie. I get a little bit uneasy when Cejudo is mentionned in a P4P discussion; an average 6ft dude who simply lifts would litterally murder him IRL. But since the majority of adult men fall inbetween the lightweight and the light heavyweight division; I don't really see it as a fantasy.

1) I disagree.
2) Try to imagine Henry Cejudo enlarged ... to Jon Jones' size ... and fighting Jones and even weight.

This is the essence of pound-for-pound consideration.

It's not trying to imagine Henry Cejudo, as he is, fighting Jon Jones ... it's trying to imagine Henry Cejudo fighting Jon Jones at equal-size.

Same with GSP, Khabib, etc.

The essence of "pound-for-pound discussion" is attempting to imagine different-sized competitors, at the same size, competing on an equal playing field.

OK then genius, explain what P4P really means, and then explain how you decide whether a smaller fighter is P4P better than a bigger fighter, when you admit that the bigger fighter would win a fight.

OK then genius, explain what P4P really means, and then explain how you decide whether a smaller fighter is P4P better than a bigger fighter, when you admit that the bigger fighter would win a fight.

I explained it above. Hopefully it makes sense.

1) I disagree.
2) Try to imagine Henry Cejudo enlarged ... to Jon Jones' size ... and fighting Jones and even weight!

This is the essence of pound-for-pound consideration.

It's not trying to imagine Henry Cejudo, as he is, fighting Jon Jones ... it's trying to imagine Henry Cejudo fighting Jon Jones at equal-size.

Same with GSP, Khabib, etc.

The essence of "pound-for-pound discussion" is attempting to imagine different-sized competitors, at the same size, competing on an equal playing field.
But if they were the same size, they wouldn't be the same fighters, so the argument is lost.

Part of what makes smaller fighters better than their equally sized competitors is their speed and quickness, while larger fighters depend more on strength and chin.

How do you compare the two while simultaneously changing their bodies?

It makes no sense.

It's a made-up measure used to market smaller fighters, to make them seem more dangerous than they really are.

Want me to prove this?

Ok, who is the G4G best fighter? (that's gender-for-gender).

What about A4A (age-for-age)?

How about TB4TB (technical base for technical base)?

See, it's stupid. You're just used to hearing it so you forgot that it's stupid.

Flavour for flavour, what's better, salty or sweet?

Maybe it's bitter or sour?

Let's take salty, make it taste sorta the same as bitter, then see which one tastes better.

That's how much sense P4P makes.

Dude, you are an idiot. There is no point in having a discussion with you.

Back