is Khabib the unquestioned P4P GOAT if he beats Tony and Justin Gaethje

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I know he already has a strong case for being the lightweight goat but would those wins transcend him into a higher sphere of excellence? I mean you look at guys like Jon Jones, GSP and Fedor and you say "Yeah their great but..." and you can't say that for Khabib, hes arguably the Jordan of MMA which is wild because 4 years ago casual me would have thought connie would be that guy.

I mean you look at guys like Jon Jones, GSP and Fedor and you say "Yeah their great but..." and you can't say that for Khabib
hes arguably the Jordan of MMA which is wild because 4 years ago casual me would have thought connie would be that guy.

source.gif

Lol at being the goat of this circus. You beat 5 top 5 guys and you're already goat. It sums up entire "sport." 30 years old field.

Jon Jones is unquestionable goat

He would at least deserve being mentioned in the discussion imo.

Same could be said for Tony should he beat Khabib. He is the only person to start his UFC career winning 15 of his first 16 fights who hasn't failed a drug test. He has also never missed weight.

i agree that khabib should be in GOAT discussion if he beats tony and GSP/Gaethje, but the way you wrote it made no sense lol.

its 3 am where im at and i been up like 20 hours my bad

He would at least deserve being mentioned in the discussion imo.

Same could be said for Tony should he beat Khabib. He is the only person to start his UFC career winning 15 of his first 16 fights who hasn't failed a drug test. He has also never missed weight.

Theres a difference between LW goat and one of the best Pfp ever

GSP would still be the GOAT

Beat Hughes twice, beat Penn twice (before he was washed up), beat Fitch at the top of his game, beat Condit at the top of his game, beat Alves at the top of his game, beat Koscheck at his best, beat Sherk at his prime, beat Shields during his prime, beat Nick Diaz at his best, beat Hendricks at his best, moved up and beat Bisping to win another title.

He is already p4p goat.
Even if you remove the dick pills issue from Jones and Anderson - let's assume everyone is on steroids as Diaz says.

Jones has lost many rounds, hasn't fought Rumble, hasn't moved up. He went to a decision with OSP, Santos, Smith. Has eye poked more than half of his opponents. He was behind 1-2 vs Gus before the spinning elbow in the 4th.
He was in a very weak division outside DC, Gus and Rumble(who he didn't face). LW is the most stacked division in UFC.

GSP, although clearing his division, has been defeated, has been in trouble vs Hendricks and Condit.

Fedor, c'mon, he lost a lot of fights and even his wins...he almost got beat by Fujita, Rogers, Randleman, got hit face carved up by Crocop.

Khabib has lost just 1 round and it was a close one. How can this even be a debate? The guy is 28-0 and completely dominated everyone.

Last edited:
If we're being serious about the definition of P4P, it's supposed to mean the best fighter regardless of weight class. In my opinion any highly successful fighter that wins titles in multiple weight classes is already higher than a dominant fighter in one weight class. Why? Because the former proved their skills carry over to a higher/lower weight. For the latter we can only make an educated guess. We have to give facts more weight than fantasies.

So no, in my opinion going by the textbook definition of P4P, Daniel Cormier, Triple C, Nunes, and yes even Conor would still be above Khabib in the P4P.

If Khabib wants to change that he can go to featherweight or (far more intelligently) welterweight and beat the champ. Otherwise he can be content with being the best lightweight or most dominant fighter. But P4P? I don't see it, chief.

But considering DC dropped 7 places in the P4P rankings just for losing a competitive rematch against a fighter he already beat, the UFC P4P list is a joke so I really can't take it seriously.

no. that will leave khabib with 4 title defenses, and 5 title wins. more than 3-4 people will have better resumes even with defeats.

Last edited:
He is already p4p goat.
Even if you remove the dick pills issue from Jones and Anderson - let's assume everyone is on steroids as Diaz says.

Jones has lost many rounds, hasn't fought Rumble, hasn't moved up. He went to a decision with OSP, Santos, Smith. Has eye poked more than half of his opponents. He was behind 1-2 vs Gus before the spinning elbow in the 4th.
He was in a very weak division outside DC, Gus and Rumble(who he didn't face). LW is the most stacked division in UFC.

GSP, although clearing his division, has been defeated, has been in trouble vs Hendricks and Condit.

Fedor, c'mon, he lost a lot of fights and even his wins...he almost got beat by Fujita, Rogers, Randleman, got hit face carved up by Crocop.

Khabib has lost just 1 round and it was a close one. How can this even be a debate? The guy is 28-0 and completely dominated everyone.

So Jones is supposed to move up to the most dangerous division in the sport but Khabib gets a pass for starving himself at LW to avoid WW?

And weak Division

Jones's resume>>>>>>>Khabib's

Khabib is in the tier below Silva/Jones/GSP

Fedor is a can crasher that's overhyped though Khabib's better than him

He needs to beat the entire WW division, before he can even be mentioned among the goats.

Back