Squash Matches

bongwater

Proffesionler Sherdog Poster
@Brown
Reaction score
We need squash matches in the UFC! get some jobbers from some regional promotion and have the top guys in the ufc squash them. It will be great for promoting the fighters as it will provide great highlight reels! Look at valentina she hasn't had a entertaining fight unless she is fighting a can like that time she bloodied that girl from brazil. The fighters wouldn't need to spend much time preparing for these fights and can be used to warm up when the fighters have to fight a contender!.
TLDR Just bleed! <{JustBleed}>

You'll get one in Gastelum vs. Till, trust me.

Pereira vs Connelly was supposed to be a showcase match for the guy, but obviously it didn't work out that way.

17waj.gif

I think there should be a good mix. Build people up a little so that when two guys who've looked like killers meet up it's a bigger deal. Also if somebody is on the skids a winnable fight isn't the worst thing in the world. I think it would help make/keep stars.

Plus big upsets are memorable. I still remember Joe Lauzon beating Jens Pulver in under a minute and that fight was in 2006. I don't remember some fights from Saturday night.

Pereira vs Connelly was supposed to be a showcase match for the guy, but obviously it didn't work out that way.
yup and then you have Worthy vs Smith from UFC 241... Mr. -1000 got KTFO in the first round...

Michel vs Connely was supposed to be one until Michel came in the fight thinking like this guys looks.
a0QjVgB_460s.jpg

All for it, even though it sounds ridiculous. Boxing does it. 21-8 records vs. 5-3-1 and 1 NC fighters please.

You mean like this one?

giphy.gif

I like squash matches in the cases of older fighters looking to get their confidence back (Weidman, Shogun, Rockhold, Melendez, Condit, etc).

Certainly not with current top fighters. Shit like MVP vs Kelly is bush league and a waste of time.

Back