Anthony Smith vs Luke Rockhold!

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, maybe this isn't a fight that's needed but it's definitely one I want to see.

Smith is a chill dude, it's rare he gets riled up however if you saw the press conference where Smith was asked about Rockhold he was very pissed and really wanted to smash him.

If you haven't seen, this is the clip you need to see.

Luke Rockhold was supposed to be on Ariel Helwani's show last night however he no showed, pretty sure he cancelled half way through while the show was on as Ariel announced him at the beginning of the show, he was supposed to be the last guest but cancelled (no idea why).

He may have had a legit reason for cancelling however if he was going on to announce his retirement, not before you've fought this dude.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edit: People talking about all these other fights is pointless, as far as I'm aware (if of course it's true) Luke Rockhold was wanting to retire so no point in talking about other fights and competition if he's not wanting to compete.

The only reason this Luke Rockhold and Anthony Smith fight needs to happen is because Luke has been spouting his mouth off about Smith for ages and if you're going to do that you don't retire and run away from it.

Have the fight first and then if you want to retire, fair enough, dude's put in his work inside the octagon but you don't come out with all this shit and then be like "Oh I'm retiring now".

Just browse up all the clips on Youtube and you'll see hence why Smith got so pissed off in the 37 seconds video in the OP.

Have the fight, retire and thank you for all the work you've put in over the years Rockhold.

Last edited:
Anthony Smith should be the favorite
Rockhold and Vick should always be the underdogs

Luke should focus on modelling why the hell he chooses to take punch than take photo,his chin just gave up on taking punches but on the photos it looks alright for sure

I'd rather see Rockhold vs Gus

Gus doesn't have as much power as Smith and got taken down quite easily in his last fight, maybe something for Luke to exploit.

Smith already said he isn't gonna fight him

He said it might have been different if he won against Jan and didn't get KTFO

I'd rather see Rockhold vs Gus

Gus doesn't have as much power as Smith and got taken down quite easily in his last fight, maybe something for Luke to exploit.

No point, no beef there between them.

Luke Rockhold has been constantly talking shit about Smith for a while now completely out of the blue, Smith vs Rockhold is the only fight needed.

Smith already said he isn't gonna fight him

He said it might have been different if he won against Jan and didn't get KTFO

I heard that but I saw something after somewhere where he said he still wanted to smash him so if it came around, I'm sure he would.

Cockgoat doesn't lose to guys like Anthony Smith.

Turtle heart Smith put on one of the worst fights I’ve ever seen vs Jones

Turtle heart Smith put on one of the worst fights I’ve ever seen vs Jones

He did, it wasn't a great fight and if anything he beat himself up more than anyone.

But he came back and he beat Gus so it's old news now.

Rockhold wouldn't last two minutes with Smith lol

The fact that people would take 32-14 Smith over Rockhold just shows how far Rockhold has regressed lol. Prime 2015 Rockhold would slaughter Smith.

The fact that people would take 32-14 Smith over Rockhold just shows how far Rockhold has regressed lol. Prime 2015 Rockhold would slaughter Smith.

This is what I mean, we have no idea why he was supposed to be on Ariel Helwani's show yesterday however he was the last guest so it's usually for some announcement or something, rumours were he was announcing his retirement but we don't really know however half way through he decided to cancel and ruined the show.

He may have had a legit reason for cancelling though so don't want to pre judge however if it was a case of him just deciding he didn't want to anymore then that's another reason Smith needs to smash him.

He's been running his mouth off about Smith for a while now completely out of the blue so for him to do that continuously and then announce his retirement (if this was the case) then that's lame.

At least have the Smith fight first and then retire (if of course this is what he was going to do).

Luke is done as a competitive fighter and I'm pretty sure even he's aware at this point. It's been ages since he put on a performance that made him look like a contender/ champ. If he really thinks he should fight again it's gotta be gus. They're both kinda in the same boat

Smith should fight Glover or rakic

Тhe only good fight for Luke now is GSP at 185. GSP is still a big name and there is no scenario in which GSP could win this fight.

Luke is done as a competitive fighter and I'm pretty sure even he's aware at this point. It's been ages since he put on a performance that made him look like a contender/ champ. If he really thinks he should fight again it's gotta be his. They're both kinda in the same boat

Smith should fight Glover or rakic

Yeah, someone else mentioned the Glover fight in another thread, it's a pretty good fight to be honest.

This really is a case of cause Luke Rockhold has been constantly running his mouth knocking Smith just completely out of the blue, if he's going to do that at least back it up and not run.

I honestly don't think the fight would last two minutes, soon as Bruce Buffer says "Fighting ...." Rockhold would be laid on the floor before the fight even started lol

Ok, exaggeration but you get my point, if he's going to run his mouth as much as he has towards someone and then retire, it's just lame lol

Back