Does Justin Gaethje have a very low fight IQ?

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I mean he only wants to bang and he knows how to wrestle so why? Does he think he is not going to get old one day and all this brain damage will catch up with him? Does he want to win only through brawls with other fighters? Should he just fight in MT or kick boxing since he never even attempted to take someone down! What do you think of his fighting IQ

Who needs IQ when your hands are that heavy?

Patient Gaethje is the LW GOAT

21-2. Bad fight IQ? I say keep doing what you're doing.

Last edited:
He’s compiled a bad ass record and only lost to DP and EA in fights he was doing really well in. He’s recently commented on fighting smarter and it looks to be a world of difference.

I don’t think he has a bad fight IQ by any means, he was just more interested in putting on exciting fights than fighting safe

I did think that initially but last couple fights he seems to be fighting more with his head and not his heart
Pun intended :)

Yeah but if he fights like that against Khabib he won’t be ready for grappling
Maybe Gaethje has good enough TDD to keep it standing? Then he would probably grind Khabib down standing.

I'm not saying it will happen but it's in the real of possibilities.

Last edited:
He’s compiled a bad ass record and only lost to DP and EA in fights he was doing really well in. He’s recently commented on fighting smarter and it looks to be a world of difference.

I don’t think he has a bad fight IQ by any means, he was just more interested in putting on exciting fights than fighting safe
Alright we’ll see

Fan friendly, fan favourite. Bonus seeker. Really doesnt seem too concerned about CTE as hes past a point of no return. Free will sacrifice trying to secure a nice future for his progeny. Much hespeck.

He basically said his new style is based off Romero where he’s a bit more conservative and hunts for the KO

What’s still hilarious about this though is in the 3 past fights where he’s implemented this new style he’s still landing 9 significant strikes per minute lol

But you saw how he lost Eddie and Dustin when he could’ve won if he mixed up a little
Yes those fights he did not display good fight IQ
But against edson and cowboy he did. Could be the caliber of opponents....who knows

Maybe Gaethje has good enough TDD you keep it standing? Then he would probably grind Khabib down standing.

I'm not saying it will happen but it's in the real of possibilities.
No it’s not because he is small and and haven’t used his wrestling for a long time while Khabib does it almost everyday

No. Also he's adapting while keeping the JBG happy. Let him bang.

Back