Closer/tighter submission to finishing: Vitor armbar on Bones or Poirier guillotine on Khabib

?

• Total voters
The armbar without question.

Edit -

Upon further review I’m going with the guillotine

Don't want to sound like on Khabib hype locomotive right now, but Victor said he heard/felt Jones arm going bye-bye therefore he released it.

Not sure if that ever happened, but Jones also said that was the worst pain he felt in his arm as well.

Didn't the steroid abuser damage the other steroid abuser's arm with the armbar?

There was a tiny moment where I aaaalmost thought Bones miiiight be finished. I never thought an arm-in guillotine was going to finish Khabib.

There was about 2 seconds of the guillotine-- after Khabib is in half guard, there is a a scramble and Khabib ends up in a same-side guillotine-- where it was close and tight. Khabib didn't panic though, and he first made space then escaped nicely. That guillotine from same side bottom mount is super tight, and Dustin blocked the stepover from Khabib by putting his leg up on Khabib's back.

There was about 5 seconds of that armbar where I felt Jones arm was going to break, or he would tap. I'm shocked that TRT Vitor didn't snap the arm, but Jon definitely took damage.

Clearly Jones. Vitor said he heard shit popping.

Poirier’s guillotine wasn’t close.

The armbar, it was fully locked in. Poirier didn't have full guard which is a huge part of getting the guillotine to work, you can still tap someone without full guard but its not common in MMA, and its normally guys who are very well known for their BJJ who can do it

Vitor BelforTRT injured Jones with his armbar, Vitor just eased up when he heard Jones arm pop.

Dustin killed all energy in his arms with that guillotine and didn't really have good positioning on Khabib to finish

Both were close but I'm going with the guillotine

Khabib even tried to roll and give up his position

Poirier only had the choke for less a second when khabib rolled into it....not even a second...it wasnt close ever...but he held onto it and people get excited easily. Vitors was closer but still not locked, neither were really close to a finish but both were vs undefeated and dominant fighters...so again idiots (people) get excited easily.

Poirier’s guillotine wasn’t close.

Wrong. Khabib himself has admitted it was close in numerous interview, and any time u have to roll to ur back to relieve pressure the choke's tight

Khabib was never in danger, he was threatened, but then adjusted. Vitor almost pulled it off. I think the fight that almost closest to beating Jones was Jones vs Sonnen toe break.

Vitor. I bet he hated himself for letting go.

The armbar, it was fully locked in. Poirier didn't have full guard which is a huge part of getting the guillotine to work, you can still tap someone without full guard but its not common in MMA, and its normally guys who are very well known for their BJJ who can do it

I find that same-side guillotine from bottom side mount is a particularly tight guillotine. DP had an arm in though, so that makes the choking triangle a bit bigger and harder to finish.

@Stephan Kesting has a pretty good, quick video of what I find to be true with guillotines.

(First 2 minutes)

Poirier only had the choke for less a second when khabib rolled into it....not even a second...it wasnt close ever...but he held onto it and people get excited easily. Vitors was closer but still not locked, neither were really close to a finish but both were vs undefeated and dominant fighters...so again idiots (people) get excited easily.

I think why Vitors comes up a lot is that Vitor said he let up. So everyone just thinks if he didnt he would have won. But there's no guarantees what would of happened.

Jones vs Sonnen toe break.

00.gif

giphy.gif

Back