Ben Askren: Conor Usually Drunk When Posting on Instagram

Ben vs. Conor (@170)

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Shut Up and Fight!

“He probably spends a large portion of his day drinking, and so a lot of his responses are kind of shenanigans, nonsensical; they don’t make a whole lot of sense. It was just like, I was getting annoyed – and listen, people in my mentions, they think I don’t get to have an opinion because I’m a fighter or something.

I get to have an opinion. I do have an opinion. My opinion is heard by a lot of people because I have a large Twitter following. And so, I enjoy the sport of mixed martial arts, not only as a coach, not only as an athlete, but I enjoy watching it, following it, and doing that kind of stuff. So I was getting annoyed by the fact that Conor keeps kind of saying, “Oh, I won’t fight you,” and then Dustin – the Dustin fight, that’s probably a great fight for him. Dustin has a lot of hype, he just came off a world title shot.

If there’s a fight that’s going to get Conor back in it, boom! That’s it. I don’t think they’re gonna make Khabib-Conor. I just don’t think it’s gonna happen. Nate Diaz is tied up. So who are Conor’s other options? Obviously Justin Gaethje, but if you’re looking at Conor – sh*t! I’d rather fight Dustin Poirier before I fight Justin Gaethje if you’re Conor.”

“I get to have an opinion. I like MMA. If I want to have an opinion, I get to have an opinion, and my opinion is: a Dustin Poirier fight is a good option for Conor. Conor should shut up, stop trying to act too good for it – take the fight, take a fight, take any fight, we don’t care!” Askren said.

“We just want to hear you shut up on social media and actually take a fight! I mean, give me a damn break! It’s been a year? More than a year? Before that, another year. It’s like, come on, man! Get in there and shut up! No more Tweets! Lets fight already!

Conor can Tweet. He just can’t Tweet about fighting anyone without fighting, or saying he’s too good for fighting anyone without hopping in there. So he can Tweet about whatever he wants. Just not about saying, 'I’m tough... I’m gonna fight,' unless you actually fight.”

-“The Ariel Helwani MMA Show” today

Last edited:
“That’s what I do on social media, I poke people,” Askren said. “It’s one of those nonsense – I think he probably spends a large portion of his day drinking, and so, a lot of his responses are kind of shenanigans, nonsensical, they don’t make a whole lot of sense. It was just like, I was getting annoyed – and listen, people in my mentions, they think I don’t get to have an opinion because I’m a fighter or something.

I get to have an opinion, I do have an opinion, my opinion is heard by a lot of people because I have a large Twitter following. And so, I enjoy the sport of mixed martial arts, not only as a coach, not only as an athlete, but I enjoy watching it, following it, and doing that kind of stuff. So I was getting annoyed by the fact that Conor keeps kind of saying, “Oh, I won’t fight you,” and then Dustin – the Dustin fight, that’s probably a great fight for him. Dustin has a lot of hype, he just came off a world title shot.

If there’s a fight that’s going to get Conor back in it, boom, that’s it. I don’t think they’re gonna make Khabib-Conor. I just don’t think it’s gonna happen. Nate Diaz is tied up. So who are Conor’s other options? Obviously Justin Gaethje, but if you’re looking at Conor – sh*t I’d rather fight Dustin Poirier before I fight Justin Gaethje if you’re Conor.”

“I get to have an opinion. I like MMA, if I want to have an opinion, I get to have an opinion, and my opinion is, a Dustin Poirier fight is a good option for Conor, Conor should shut up, stop trying to act too good for it – take the fight, take a fight, take any fight, we don’t care,” Askren said.

“We just want to hear you shut up on social media and actually take a fight. I mean, give me a damn break. It’s been a year? More than a year? Before that, another year. It’s like, come on man. Get in there and shut up. No more Tweets lets fight already. Conor can Tweet. He just can’t Tweet about fighting anyone without fighting, or saying he’s too good for fighting anyone without hopping in there. So he can Tweet about whatever he wants. Just not about saying, “I’m tough I’m gonna fight,” unless you actually fight.”

-“The Ariel Helwani MMA Show” today
Man I am tired of this!!!!! CONOR IS NOT DRUNK!!!!…..he's high on cocaine....get it right :)

tenor.gif

Obligatory

McGregor was nothing more than a product of good timing. He won the fights when he was given them by the UFC brass. This could happen to anyone if the UFC just give's you the right fights!

His “large twitter following” responds with gifs and memes of him being on the end of the most embarrassing ko in ufc history every time he says anything now

Masvidal fucked this dorks life up

His “large twitter following” responds with gifs and memes of him being on the end of the most embarrassing ko in ufc history every time he says anything now

Masvidal fucked this dorks life up
We get it buddy, you're not a Ben Askren fan. I think it'd of been much more embarrassing if Jorge would of stuffed a shot then landed a fight ending blow early on in the 1st round. The knee was perfect, but not embarrassing. Ben was an undefeated champ in 2 organizations. His wrestling pedigree speaks for itself. He's right about being allowed to have an opinion on Conor, or any other fighter. He's not blowing smoke either. I think we can all agree Dustin is his best option for a comeback right now.

We get it buddy, you're not a Ben Askren fan. I think it'd of been much more embarrassing if Jorge would of stuffed a shot then landed a fight ending blow early on in the 1st round. The knee was perfect, but not embarrassing. Ben was an undefeated champ in 2 organizations. His wrestling pedigree speaks for itself. He's right about being allowed to have an opinion on Conor, or any other fighter. He's not blowing smoke either. I think we can all agree Dustin is his best option for a comeback right now.

I agree with all of this aside from it not being embarrassing

CoNoR is IRelEvaNt

better go make another thread about him

Go pick on a real WW Ben, not a guy who's spent his life at FW/LW and has a grand total of one fight at 170. Pathetic.

Go pick on a real WW Ben, not a guy who's spent his life at FW/LW and has a grand total of one fight at 170. Pathetic.

Pathetic is commenting and being way off the topic. Almost like you didn’t even read the comment.

Good points

McGregor was nothing more than a product of good timing. He won the fights when he was given them by the UFC brass. This could happen to anyone if the UFC just give's you the right fights!
You're correct, Mcgregor's success was absolutely due to nothing more than timing - timing his fist on aldo's chin in 13 seconds

source.gif

Conor had the UFC behind him. That is true. But he had to win those fights... And he did so in spectacular fashion!!

cagewarriors.jpg

Dwa5foBW0AIjyqW.jpg

PB46TxK.gif

1414123247-tumblr_ndrx26BrxN1r4c1k8o4_500.jpg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Conor%2BMcGregor%2Bvs%2BDustin%2BPoirier%2B2%2B(2).gif

XaDsetj.gif

Conor%2BMcGregor%2Bvs%2BDiego%2BBrand%C3%A3o%2B(Spinning%2Bback%2Bkick%2Bat%2BUFN%2B46)%2B(1).gif

Don’t bother dude, that guy is an avid Sherdog poster so he clearly knows more than Ben.

I'm not sure if Askren really wants to fight Conor one day, but the way things are going it may be inevitable.

Usman said it best, Askren is a troll who appeals to other trolls. His fans look and act like him, pasty, annoying, and talks too much.

Back