Has Khabib gotten better or worse since joining AKA?

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Was Khabib a better fighter when he was trained by his father? Has AKA changed Khabib’s style?

If you look at his first few UFC fights and now his latest UFC fight it's clear that he improved.
I don't think there's any arguing about that.

AKA Khabib:
conorknockdown.gif

Look at how close he was to landing the flying knee as well.. :eek:

It’s pretty clear his striking has improved, his defense is way better and he’s not as wild with his punches. He also has way better takedowns and timing. Without a doubt he is better.

An extremely stupid question.

Last edited:
For sure, Khabib is improving each fight, so...

He would have improved either way. The obvious better question is which situation would he have improved most under.

Anytime a fighter can spend time somewhere that is not there normal training center it can give them a wider range of training partners with different go-to moves that they prefer.

Like all his teammates that are trained by his father probably go through a similar move-list when sparring/training. Its good to switch it up and spar/train guys who have drilled differently there entire lives and have an effective style. AKA has a lot of American wrestlers for Khabib to roll with and is a good place to get familiar with that style and how to neutralize it. Plus he is getting better kickboxing drilling.

Whatever they're doing at AKA it's definitely good. I don't think it's coincidence for example that Luke Rockhold just completely started going downhill, when he started to train a lot more at Hooft's gym and a lot less at AKA.

His striking in his first fight was hilariously bad. Windmailing punches everywhere. He’s gotten way better.

Whatever they're doing at AKA it's definitely good. I don't think it's coincidence for example that Luke Rockhold just completely started going downhill, when he started to train a lot more at Hooft's gym and a lot less at AKA.
That's a huge factor but Arrogance is the bigger issue for luke. He still can't admit he lost to bisping and has been tagged by the left hook bad in every fight after, including the branch fight he almost got ko'd. Sad tale of a career wasted.

This is the most ridiculous question ive ever heard. Do you have eyes?

in USA conditioning training is better, and tactical approach so he improved.

But in ex udssr they have better techniques and style.

Aka is training khabib in mma fighting and not wrestling so of course they approved his mma abilities. Next question, did tristar really help gsp or should he have stayed with his karate sensei

he can stand with elite strikers, he has improved A TON

The man has imposed his will against everyone he stepped in the octagon so not really anything to go off, but I would definitely say training with DC has its perks

Back