Michel Pereira releases statement after UFC Vancouver loss, explains botched weight cut

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
A day after the defeat that dropped him to 23-10 in MMA, Pereira released a statement in Portuguese on his social media and explained that he missed weight because his cornerman wasn’t able to get to Vancouver in time to help him due to visa issues.

Check Pereira’s statement below.

“Guys, many bad things happened. I got tired but not because of the things I did, but for the huge weight cut I had. I cut 17.5kg (38.5 pounds) by myself, with no on else (to help), and dealing with the stress of helping with my cornerman’s visa who wasn’t there. Everyone else had someone to help, I was alone there. It’s not an excuse, but I know I’m a fighter that grows as rounds goes by, but I got tired since my body shut down in the beginning of the second round.

“I fight for you guys, to put on a show or you. Let’s support more and criticize less. I fight this way to make UFC more fun. Fighters today only think about winning and put on boring fights, and that’s why MMA is decreasing so much. I want to make my fans happy by watching my fights, but this time things happened and led to my defeat. I lost to myself. I will be back to do it even better. You’ll see I have cardio to fight three rounds no problem.”

The contest was awarded the “Fight of the Night” in Vancouver, but Pereira wasn’t eligible for receiving the extra money since he missed weight. Therefore, Connelly went back home with the biggest win of his career and an extra $100,000.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Yeah. The public needed this "statement" from him.

38.5 pounds? I’m not someone who cries over guys moving up weight classes but holy shit. That’s a huge drop.

8DxTanZ.gif

Thanks chief. Book him Dana, I believe him

I don't get the hate honestly.

The guy is a crazy mf, he did moves that nobody ever thought of doing inside the octagon.

Yeah he lost and he looked a bit stupid. But you know what ? It's fucking cool and I want to see more of that.

Last edited:
Fuck imagine being an mma fighter and missing out on 50k because you couldn't make weight? The guy has already made himself a name, and his antics make him quite polarizing. If he can get his weight under control he can prob get a few more FOTN's win or lose. He should cash in on his antics and craziness, not like being dominant and going on insane win streaks is actually worth it.

A day after the defeat that dropped him to 23-10 in MMA, Pereira released a statement in Portuguese on his social media and explained that he missed weight because his cornerman wasn’t able to get to Vancouver in time to help him due to visa issues.

The contest was awarded the “Fight of the Night” in Vancouver, but Pereira wasn’t eligible for receiving the extra money since he missed weight. Therefore, Connelly went back home with the biggest win of his career and an extra $100,000.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Blah blah blah...bullshit

Guy has like 50 mma fights...

And your telling me you dont know how to properly weight cut?without someone else there? ..am i reading this right?..lmao

More like ill take the illegal advantage and knock out this last minute opponent, seeing as i have no idea what to expect so im gunna stack the deck in my favor as much as possible..

tenor (1).gif

Why didn’t he just somersault and cartwheel his way past the prefight problems?

“I fight for you guys, to put on a show or you. Let’s support more and criticize less. I fight this way to make UFC more fun. Fighters today only think about winning and put on boring fights, and that’s why MMA is decreasing so much. I want to make my fans happy by watching my fights, but this time things happened and led to my defeat. I lost to myself. I will be back to do it even better. You’ll see I have cardio to fight three rounds no problem.”

Love this guy.

Is it his cornerman's fault that he had almost 40 pounds to cut to make weight?

This guy is a tool.

Maybe one of the dumbest UFC fighters out there.

Of course all that other shit helped him gas in the fight. Blaming the weight cut only. LOL.

The best part of the entire fight, is this idiot putting his hands up at the end thinking he won.

I think this may well be true. Far more plausible than the ballooned foot excuse.

Bring back Elias Theodorou for him to fight, winner gets to stay in the UFC. Possibly fight of the year.

The guy is a crazy, he did moves that nobody ever thought of doing inside the octagon.

Yeah he lost and he looked a bit stupid. But you know what ? It's fucking cool and I want to see more of that.
I dont get it either. Guy is entertaining as fuck, whats wrong?
He lost, bad for him.

The guy is a crazy, he did moves that nobody ever thought of doing inside the octagon.

Some of it is cool. Some of it literally is just show and won't do anything. What does he intend to happen when he does backflips when guys are on their back. Is he intending to land it because chances are it will end up being an illegal stomp.

Hell yeah

People bitching wanting him cut when he just won fotn and got tweeted by cnn

Sorry complainers the GOAT is here to stay

I dont get it either. Guy is entertaining as fuck, whats wrong?
He lost, bad for him.

And I'm sure the people bashing him are the same complaining about Lay n' Pray.

Everyone enjoyed that fight thanks to him.

Back