"That wasn't Cowboy, that was Donald" - Mike Perry

Judge Lance Ito

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Never a truer phrase spoken.
Cowboy doesn't show up half the time. He looked slow and listless against Justin and didn't even land a punch.
Can't believe he was protesting the stoppage too

Donald is hungrier than Cowboy. WAR DONALD!

9.jpg

Yeah wtf.

Against Jorge he got tko’d sure, but he looked like he wanted to be in there at least.

Dude is showing up for paychecks and to extend his records (I.e most wins/bonuses/etc), he’s also extending the damage to his health.

Yeah don't tell that to some people on here though. I made a thread about him not throwing a single leg kick or head kick on here and people said it was the pressure of Gaethje.. Barboza handles pressure worse than Cerrone and still threw leg kicks, Cerrone was off his game for sure.

I knew he was going to lose when they did the pre-fight "if u wanna touch gloves do it now". Donald was all smiley and buddy-buddy. Almost seemed stoned, lacked any intensity w/ his energy. Justin didn't smile back, he looked ready to kill.

Justin was always a bad matchup, but he didn't beat Cerrone w/ pressure. He beat him at range in the center of the octagon, countering moving backward. Cerrone should take some time off and think about retirement.

Realistically,

He never had even a 1% chance against Justin - a terrible style matchup.

Oh God here come the oh he was unmotivated, off his game blah, blah Cerrone nut huggers.

It's definitely that and not the fact he can't box worth a shit, extremely hittable and unable to cope with pressure.

It was a bad match up. A pressure fighter with big power. Always going to end badly for cerrone. Plus he's 36 now, he is on the decline.

I hate the fact he always says to his opponent 'lets get that bonus'. Just seen what he earns and he has to win to get the other half of his pay. Its sad for a company man who always steps up for them to have a contract like that.

Also his 3rd fight in 4 months. Why. Just collecting checks or what. 3 fights.. in 4 months.. including one you gave up in you took such a beating with a broken nose, it's unnecessary. He clearly gives zero fucks about winning. So can we take a break from this guy?

It was a bad match up. A pressure fighter with big power. Always going to end badly for cerrone. Plus he's 36 now, he is on the decline.

I hate the fact he always says to his opponent 'lets get that bonus'. Just seen what he earns and he has to win to get the other half of his pay. Its sad for a company man who always steps up for them to have a contract like that.

Cerrone did ok vs Lawler

that was cowboy. he looked the same vs al in the first round. he didnt get a chance for his technique and set ups to come into play. justin came in very prepared. most people think you gotta bum rush cerrone but the truth is you have to hold your ground and not let him push you back.

Yeah wtf.

Against Jorge he got tko’d sure, but he looked like he wanted to be in there at least.

Dude is showing up for paychecks and to extend his records (I.e most wins/bonuses/etc), he’s also extending the damage to his health.
I totally agree. Cerone is one of my favorite fighters, and it's really sad to see that he's taking serious brain damage with all the knockouts he's getting. Definite CTE, no doubt. Is his financial situation really that bad where his placing his health is at serious risk. I hope he does retire runs his own gym or something/commentating.

I think he just didn't have that killer instinct. Like he said it's hard to fight a friend.

Any version beats Perry. It sounds like he's just trying to convince himself otherwise.

I found this very predictable, but not due to styles so much as starting speed, Cerrone is a very slow starter and needs to observe and learn his opponents style for a bit before adjusting. He is like this in almost all his fights, and I figured Justin might just be too fast a start for him.

Cowboy fights better after a bottle of Budweiser.

Back