Khabib VS Tibau

BigDaddyChristopher

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm curious how everyone has this as Tibau won this fight.

Did Khabib dominate it no. This was Tibau before USADA I think he was getting popped for roids around this time. Tibau is also a really good wrestler. So it was a hard match and a early match in Khabib's UFC welcome to roid's career. Anyway..

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/ded18af0e4eae2f7 The stats of that fight.. Pretty damn close and thats where you go well Khabib was down a few strikes each round Tibau wins hahahahah Khabib lost his first lost suck it Khabib fans..

The rules was based on Striking, Grappling Aggression and Ring Control..

Who controlled every aspect of that fight Tibau stayed against the cage the whole fight. So he lost Ring Control he lost Aggression and i'd say for the most part the Grappling. He wasn't controlling the Grappling it was forced up on him.

You can't win a match based on one aspect. Especially when that one aspect is that close. Anyway yeah.

What’s khabibs record? Ban.

Close uneventful fight that I had Khabib edging. Certainly didn't give an impression of what he would become.
Would have sucked if Tibau got the nod and Kahbib had his only loss in a close fight to someone who got popped roiding.

Did Khabib dominate it no. This was Tibau before USADA I think he was getting popped for roids around this time. Tibau is also a really good wrestler. So it was a hard match and a early match in Khabib's UFC welcome to roid's career. Anyway..

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/ded18af0e4eae2f7 The stats of that fight.. Pretty damn close and thats where you go well Khabib was down a few strikes each round Tibau wins hahahahah Khabib lost his first lost suck it Khabib fans..

Who controlled every aspect of that fight Tibau stayed against the cage the whole fight. So he lost Ring Control he lost Aggression and i'd say for the most part the Grappling. He wasn't controlling the Grappling it was forced up on him.

You can't win a match based on one aspect. Especially when that one aspect is that close. Anyway yeah.
tenor.gif

Aggression was definitely Khabib, as Tibau was conservative and defensive even in the stand-up.... but was it effective aggression (the actual criteria)?

And did Khabib have Octagon control just because he pressed Tibau against the cage for most of the fight?

Judges are unpredictable with those kind of fights.

Quite a few cases where a fighter that was wall n stalled for 3 rounds was given a decision win.

Arlovski/Schaub and Machida/Rua for example.

Aggression was definitely Khabib, as Tibau was conservative and defensive even in the stand-up.... but was it effective aggression (the actual criteria)?

And did Khabib have Octagon control just because he pressed Tibau against the cage for most of the fight?

Judges are unpredictable with those kind of fights.

Quite a few cases where a fighter that was wall n stalled for 3 rounds was given a decision win.

Arlovski/Schaub and Machida/Rua for example.

Yeah i mean I guess thats why Dana has been quoted saying "If you don’t want to get screwed by the judges, don’t let it go to the judges."

I mean more recent look at the Barboza and vs Feldar fight.. I mean you can't leave it to the judges.. I think Brandon won that fight.. I mean some times the refs get it wrong. I think they got the Khabib fight right if you actually score it to the criteria.

Sooo you had no valuable input?
Yeah you should take it as advice to possibly go back and rewrite your thread if you want people to understand it better. Ask a friend or family member if you aren't able.

Regarding the shitty fight, I rewatched it earlier this year. It was a really, really, shitty fight. Very little happened in it in terms of offense. It's the type of fight that no fighter deserves the win for. All three rounds could be 10-10's under the 10-point must system. However, it's easy to argue for a Gleison 30-27 decision...

First round, no one had a striking edge. Though Gleison won statistically. Gleison gets the nod for being the aggressor just for being the one walking forward for the first 3 minutes, while Khabib was constantly backing up. Khabib gets some points for control for failing to take Gleison down and holding him against the cage. I'd score it 10-10 or 9-9, but if I had to pick a winner I'd go Gleison for the aggression and striking stats.

Second round, still no striking edge. Gleison no longer the aggressor. However this time you can give it to Gleison for control for the half-successful takedown. Again, I'd score it 10-10 or 9-9, but if I had to pick a winner I'd go Gleison for the takedown.

Third round, kinda similar. No striking edge, but stats go to Tibau. No aggressor. Gleison got the takedown and got Khabib's back so wins via control. Again, I'd score it 10-10 or 9-9, but if I had to pick a winner I'd go Gleison.

Yeah you should take it as advice to possibly go back and rewrite your thread if you want people to understand it better. Ask a friend or family member if you aren't able.

Regarding the shitty fight, I rewatched it earlier this year. It was a really, really, shitty fight. Very little happened in it in terms of offense. It's the type of fight that no fighter deserves the win for. All three rounds could be 10-10's under the 10-point must system. However, it's easy to argue for a Gleison 30-27 decision...

First round, no one had a striking edge. Though Gleison won statistically. Gleison gets the nod for being the aggressor just for being the one walking forward for the first 3 minutes, while Khabib was constantly backing up. Khabib gets some points for control for failing to take Gleison down and holding him against the cage. I'd score it 10-10 or 9-9, but if I had to pick a winner I'd go Gleison for the aggression and striking stats.

Second round, still no striking edge. Gleison no longer the aggressor. However this time you can give it to Gleison for control for the half-successful takedown. Again, I'd score it 10-10 or 9-9, but if I had to pick a winner I'd go Gleison for the takedown.

Third round, kinda similar. No striking edge, but stats go to Tibau. No aggressor. Gleison got the takedown and got Khabib's back so wins via control. Again, I'd score it 10-10 or 9-9, but if I had to pick a winner I'd go Gleison.

Lol nope you had nothing of any importance your trying to give away control on half a succeful takedown..

I mean yeah fast typing and some times I think faster than I can type so I leave out words.. But just plain out giving stupid points away like oh he gets control over the whole round for half a take down.. Yeah you had no valuable input.

I mean and why you seem so angry you know trying to diss people on the internet to make yourself seem smarter. Then going on how u thought it was a shitty shitty fight like it hurt you feelings khabib won.. Then trying to give it to the other guy for half a takedown lmao... Dude your a joke..

MjAxMi01YWY1MzdkMDNkYjJhMzA4.png

It was a shitty, boring fight which Khabib wins with a 10 points must scoring system

If the fight was scored as a whole it would've been a draw

Romero landded more significant strikes than Costa
and did more damage and more takedowns yet he lost because he was pressed against the cage
Khabib landed less than Tibau but he caused more damage (Tibau had a cut over his eyebrows in rd2)
also Khabib was the aggressor

Last edited:

Delusional bandwagon fanboy.

Agree. His grappling controlled the fight, regardless of takedown success.

Watching without Rogan's commentary is pretty clear that Khabib won.

Back