Poll: Who Is The Most Entertaining Fighter in the UFC?

Who is the most entertaining fighter in the UFC?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Justin is The Most Entertaining Fighter"

Eddie Alvarez and Justin Gaethje fought each other in an absolute war back at UFC 218 in December 2017. At the time, Gaethje was an undefeated rising star while Alvarez was looking to bounce back into title contention. It was a fight for the ages, with Alvarez eventually winning via third-round KO (knee), handing Gaethje his first career loss.

The two developed an incredible respect for each other after that fight. Now, after Gaethje finished Donald Cerrone in the main event of UFC Vancouver, Alvarez had more praise for his former foe. The former UFC and Bellator champ and current ONE Championship star took to his Twitter late Saturday night and had this to say about his former rival. Here’s what Alvarez said.

Say what you want Justin is the most entertaining fighter to watch in whole UFC . Hope he’s getting paid soon
1f44a-1f3fb.png
1f44a-1f3fb.png
1f44a-1f3fb.png
1f4b0.png
1f4b0.png
1f4b0.png
1f4b0.png

11:09 PM - Sep 14, 2019

“Say what you want Justin is the most entertaining fighter to watch in whole UFC. Hope he’s getting paid soon."

That’s incredibly high praise from the former UFC champ, who recently signed with ONE for a new challenge and for a more lucrative contract than what the UFC offered him. It’s hard to disagree with what Alvarez said. Gaethje has had six fights in the UFC, and he’s won seven bonuses in that time.

Gaethje has won four Fight of the Night awards as well as three more Performance of the Night awards. There’s no other fighter in the UFC who has won that many bonuses to open up their career in the Octagon, and the string of bonus-award winning performances Gaethje is on is nothing short of incredible.

As for his contract, Gaethje hasn’t complained about how much the UFC is paying him. But there’s no doubt he deserves to be one of the most highly paid fighters in the UFC.

-BJPenn.com
190915133127-01-michel-pereira-0914-exlarge-169.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to make a choice that literally no one will agree with me on and I'm okay with that. For me it's Ryan Hall. His bizzare striking style based around long ranged kicks mixed with his constant rolls for his opponents' legs makes for some of the most exciting and strangest matches for me. I think it's hard not to like this gangly, sleepy looking BJJ savant that flops around the cage while doing a number on his opponent, only to end the fight having barely broken a sweat and giving a shrug. His battle with Elkins had me entertained the whole way through.

My second choice is Aljamain Sterling because I love his unorthodox striking style, constant head movement, and willingness to rip the body. With the least strikes landed on him out of any active fighter in the UFC Bantamweight division, he's awesome to watch if you like a fighter that has chosen to see defense as the best offense. Plus if it goes to the ground his grappling skills are a treat to watch.

Basically I like fighters with unorthodox striking and brilliant ground game, but I know they're not the most exciting fighters to the vast majority of MMA fans, but that's what's great about MMA: there's a fighting style for everyone.

Last edited:
I voted Tony but Nate, Pettis and Masvidal are brilliant to watch also.

Any time Conor is lined up to fight its pure entertainment.

Yoel Romero and Walker for the crazy unpredicatable shit.

Israel Adesanya and Anderson are always fun also.

Remove Khabib from the list. Anyone who disagrees is just being a douche.

You don't like seeing him dominate your boy crush Conor?
I'm not a Conor fan or hater. Khabib mauls people and is a great fighter but is not even close to the most entertaining.

off that list romero, but ortega is right up there too.

Back